Bad Luck? Badly Played?

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't think you did anything wrong,those hands play out the same no matter what you did,just real unlucky, I know your pain hope you run better just not when I'm in the hand :)

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
don't think you did anything wrong,those hands play out the same no matter what you did,just real unlucky, I know your pain hope you run better just not when I'm in the hand :)

Ditto!:D

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck can help sometimes but in the long run you will lose if you don't become a good player

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
these two hands within a few minutes of each other. I really thought I played then right however.....well watch and see....
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/124YG4LCh
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/124YFZSgo

I think your question about being right is not the best question to ask. Its not wrong but I would ask this, Is there a better way of playing this hand and could I have avoided going broke.

Hand 1 KQo 82BB effective.

I love the fact you raised the 2 limper. Good move. I would have raise a bit larger but you played this well. 2 call and we go 3 handed to the flop. pot 250

Qs Th Ks. this is a ok flop for us but very wet. With flush and straight draws and a made straight is possible. You bet pot 250 OOP into the 2 people. What were you trying to do here? Get value for your hand or scare out the draws would be my thought if I was one of the other 2 players. I think this bet was an error. Your deep on a wet board and could be in a lot of trouble already. Your also OOP. I think this bet is a mistake on this flop. There are just way to many hands that can call you here and again you maybe in a lot of trouble already. I would have bet 125 here and I think the 1st limper still folds and you get still called by the button. You bet for the pot makes the pot 750 and mine would have been 500.

the turn is a 4 and gives us a 2nd flush draw but really does not change anything. Thinking about the hands he has here AJ or J9 are straights and tens and 4's are a set and beating us. He probably folds the 4's on the flop so I would discount that. He probably should not have the AJs is he was smart as he should have raised but who knows. He could also have some monster draws here, JT of spades would give him 18 outs to hit on the river. You get pot again for 750 and he jams. I again think your bet here on this board it to much. Once you bet pot and he jams your close to pot committed. With your large bet on the flop and his call he has something worth playing unless he is reckless. You again can be drawing to 4 outs as he already may have you beat here. If you had bet again say 1/2 pot or 250 on my way you would have still had 1180 chips left if he jammed on you could have folded here if you were convinced you were beat. and still had a nice stack to play. Also he may not have jammed on the turn if you had bet smaller.

If he had not jammed you would have seen the board pair on the river. A ten would be in his range of hands and you still may have beer behind the straights.

I hope this makes sense to you. I am not saying you played it badly but trying to just show that you could have possible done something different and possible not have gone broke. This is a tough hand and a tough loss. I think you could have just avoided going broke here.

As for the 2nd hand. I am not much of a cash came player but other than the call of the raise with J9o i dont see how this hand would have gone any different. His small raise makes the call correct in position and once you turn the boat you were just destined to win the pot of lose in a very unlucky way. Well played and sick end here.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No problem with the tournament hand. I liked the raise with KQ and you kept up the pressure and got it all in good.

I don't like the cash hand. You limped in from the SB with a weak hand 'cause you were getting good PO's but trust me that you're going to lose more than you win doing this. Maybe limp with SC's or small pairs but otherwise raise or fold.
Then you tried to get cute by slow playing your flopped trips. This is rarely the best play and never at .02/.05. Just start building the pot, if they have something pretty they call, if not they fold. It's that simple. You turned a FH and still you just called. Drop the hammer!
The play on the River is All-In. It wouldn't have even been a full pot bet. You get called by any hand that gets to the river.