Avoid bluffing at the beginning of tournaments

J

Johnny15015

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First. TO MUCH DONKEYS TOO DANGEROUS!!!

Second. You need to know how the players will act in the table.

Third. Create a "solid" play. If you are a begginer, you need to dominate the art of winning without bluffing, being "fair", before you can learn to bluff (read c-betting).

Why? It blinds you and other players will start to mark you. You need confidence that you will win when you bluff. You need a history that you are a solid player.

Fourth. Be agressive with great hands but becareful with the all in guys. You can lose for two pairs of 7-2 when you have a AK or even KK. Never ALL in If you have the chance of losing everything. NEVER!!!(This need another tread, never ALL in).

This is my first post. Reviews are welcome.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think these are good points, get a nice stack then bluff after establishing a solid image. This seems like a perfect logical way of thinking.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is a skill and you need to understand that you show a bluff! You have to force the opponent to see that combination which is beneficial to you! Many people forget about this starting to bluff! :)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree with all of your points here. You need to be super careful at the beginning because many players won't hesitate to play an all in with any two cards.

Proceeding to the MTT you will confront with more skillful players, and the attribute which separates a good player from a fish is the ability to understand and put you in a range, so he knows when to fold. He won't spend any of his chips without having equity in the hand!

After establishing your play type as a solid player you will be able to semi bluff or even bluff with total air. The last line of what I wrote is one of the most important skills in poker. And of course timing is a vital factor for that.

You can't bluff in every hand because a good regular can easily exploit your game!