art of bluffing

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely bluff. That's the fastest way to the rail against calling stations and bad players.

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to but I try to have atleast nice cards in my hand

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff indeed is an art, if it's done it right.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the player folds too much - any street that I can represent something that 'scares' the opponent.

If the opponent is sticky but folds the river - triple barrel them a lot.

If the opponent is good - I plan the hand turn and river around blocking their value hands and bet flops and turns based on range advantage.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Bluffing can happen whenever the circumstances allow it. The difference is that the importance of the bluff is different. It is a psycology problem!

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Believable

To make a good bluff you must make it believable.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If there is no bluff in your game you will rarely make it to a final table, you can't just depend on the cards that will hit the table, but if you're going to tell a story, it has to be told well. As I only play micro tournaments, it's very difficult to pass a bluff, guys call everything, but bluffing is part of the game.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Avoid buffing Calling Stations and loose players, they will call you down with any part of the board.
If your and is a true bluff you won't have a hand.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
People I believe worry too much about bluffing to be honest. They are concerned they need to bluff a lot or they feel others are bluffing to much. Bluffing is a art form in my opinion. To make a good bluff you need to bet a lot of chips to scare off the person or tell a story that makes the other player fold. The story must make sense to get the other player to fold a good hand.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the flop and what cards i'm holding if my cards block somethings there's a higher chance of me bluffing than blocking nothing but if i can see a small spot to bluff with bad cards aswell it can be on the river

K

Kicsike10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing can happen whenever the circumstances allow it. The difference is that the importance of the bluff is different. It is a psycology

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Semi-bluffing is much better than pure bluffing and the situation to pull of a pure bluff occurs
after missing your draws and you feel the other player missed theirs too or the river is a scare card for their range.