Anyway to improve

T

tsiab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys so after a couple of times I have deposit and lost my money I found myself again left with 5$. Tilted as I was I decided to play a 5$ sit&go hero which a won. After that I played a 10$ and then a 20$. Somehow I found my self with a new bankroll of 40$.

I decided to start playing double or nothing sit&go 5,50$ in which I had some little success in the past. At this point look the attachment. It is going great. Without many games ( don't currently have the time) I have made a very nice profit. Yet, I am sure there are a lot of things I am doing wrong. Any advice will be appreciated.
My main problem is the difference between

PS.1 What should i change in my game when I play 10max and 6max.
PS.2 How do you thing I should proceed, should I climb the stakes? What should my bankroll be to start playing 11$.
PS.3 A 5,50$ table returns 10,52$. Is this rake good?bad? I don't have a lot of experience in the subject so please let me know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 31
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What you're doing is not correct bankroll management, but continue doing exactly what you are doing as long as profit stays the same. Once you reach 30 buy-ins (~$165) on your bank roll, keep going exactly the same as long as profit is still like before. Once you are at $330 or very close, start trying $11 games like you are planning to. If you want to be more on the safe side, I would suggest keep playing $5.50 games and maybe add a $11 game on the first day. If it goes well, do two $11 the next day and one less $5.50. Keep going like that until you are playing all $11 games.

I don't want to give you any bad advice with how to change your game from 10max to 6max. Generally you have to play more hands and be looser in 6max to succeed. Good luck.

T

tsiab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
appreciate it, my main concern is what will I do after bad day cause im bad at tilt control

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I agree with puzzlefish, what you do is probably bad management of your bankroll, that can be seen easy, I would like to give you advice on that topic but I do not know much about it, look after a bad day, stop playing, play a lot of money and losing control in a bad day can leave your bankroll in 0 $, the first inidicio that it will be a bad day you must stop playing so that you manage to calm down a bit, analyze why it was a bad day, you played more? were they just badbeat?

R

rubywesson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Study study study sounds like your just going to be paying off the regs

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know how you can hover over a thread and see the first part of what is posted by the OP?

I can tell you I knew how this story ends before I ever clicked on the link. We've all been there. Brush it off and come back stronger than ever.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best way to visualize a 6-max table is, that it is a full ring table, where the first 3 players have always folded. So if for instance it fold around to you on the BTN, you should play exactly the same hands, regardless how many people folded in front of you.

But if you have 8 players left to act behind you, you should less hands, than if you have 5 players left to act after you. So UTG at full ring you might fold 22-66 as well as A2s-A7s, while you open all these hands UTG at 6-max.

When facing action from other players, it matter, how many players they had left to act behind them. When someone open from UTG at full ring, they typically have a very strong and narrow range, so you need to play tighter against that, than you do against a BTN open.

For instance if you defend your big blind with KQo against a UTG open at full ring and flop K84 rainbow, the only hands the UTG opener is betting for value, is KK, 88, AA, AK and maybe another KQ. So you are essentially looking to catch a bluff or chop the pot, which mean, that often you should fold, if he keep firing hard at it.

If on the other hand he opened from CO, then he will also have hands like KJ, KT and K9, and he will have more hands, that has no showdown value, which intice him to bluff. So against the CO open, maybe its fine to call him all the way down with top pair second kicker.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PS.2 How do you thing I should proceed, should I climb the stakes? What should my bankroll be to start playing 11$.

I dont really know, what are the official bankroll management recommendations for DON tournaments, but I assume, its closer to cash games than other tournaments, because its kind of the same as going all in a cash game and either win or lose. So maybe 30 buyins is fine, as someone suggested.

However I will say, that the winrate you saw over the last week, is almost certainly not sustainable. You basically have not had a losing day, and there is no way, that it is going to continue. Its sort of important to understand that to avoid tilt and busting your bankroll again.