Anyone More Profitable at Knockouts?

B

bigrog70

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knockout tournaments sure are fun for me. But I was wondering if anyone is more profitable at knockouts than they are at standard freeze-outs. If so, is it because of your personal style of play or do you make intentional adjustments to your game?

Thanks.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still do not find the appeal of these tournaments for me since many of the players only aspire to the reward and make the game take another direction and going there is a temptation for many, in another type of tournament they may not take all their chips to the center in certain hands.

B

bigrog70

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still do not find the appeal of these tournaments for me since many of the players only aspire to the reward and make the game take another direction and going there is a temptation for many, in another type of tournament they may not take all their chips to the center in certain hands.

Fair enough. I do find them kind of interesting, with all the different scenarios and possibilities that need to be accounted for to maximize EV.

P

Pablitto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play in KO you really Can increase your bank acount, but must remember to stay calm and risk only When you have some chances

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont have enough sample to say, if my ROI is higher or lower in tournaments with bounties. I do find however as a general tendency, that they attract more "fun" players, and that they are therefore often softer. And people can make some major blunders by taking the bounty chasing to far. So yeah I would guess, that probably they are often more profitable, if you play them well :)

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KO's are pretty fun & yeah my roi is higher

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knock out tournaments are very fun , a little bit gambling but very fun .
Unfortunatly I dont think I'm profitable on them , i can't win a flip .
I saw so many strange thinks , calling 30bb with 102o just for a bounty it's kinda a strange .

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well its easy to make profit in them since you only need a few ko's to make more than your buy-in back, but people play so wide for bounties so there will a few badbeats along the way... but if you can build a good enough stack then you can go bounty huting..
its really hard when you have like 22bbs and 1 guy has 8bbs and the rest has over 42+ that they will go all-in with a wide range for that bounty and you cant really call with

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me knockout tournaments at least less unprofitable, even if I don't get to the prizes i probably got couple KOs. :)

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knockouts tournaments are more fun for me. I like to see them desperate for the rewards when a player is almost out of the game. You can risk more perhaps, but only in some respects. Once you have a good well in your account, you no longer want someone else to take it and that's when you have to start taking care ...:cool::cool:

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hahaha the early stages are all ALL IN. Then the game takes its normal part

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I view KO tournaments as a nice variation to a "typical" tournament. No different than a turbo tournament or one with unique blind structures, it's something that some people like and others dislike. Definitely a different strategy at times to take into consideration, especially if you're a lower stack knowing that players may be more willing to risk with a weaker hand to KO you and get a prize.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PKOs and bounty hunters are profitable to me , well to me anyways....I play micro mtts ranging from $2.20 - $11. When I buy in for 3.30 I usually get knocked out of the tourney with about $4 in bounties, nonetheless I don't get ITM but I still get my buyin back with a little extra

satan6977

satan6977

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
SUPER AGRESIVNA IGRA KI MIMA SEČO NA DOBO KARTO DOBIČEK:D

S

StackingZChipz209

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KO

Those ko tournament's add a lot more gamble to the game , I like em teaches you to protect your ko and your chips .ISOLATION is key
#tmjv and good luck bounty hunter :top:

B

bigrog70

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well its easy to make profit in them since you only need a few ko's to make more than your buy-in back, but people play so wide for bounties so there will a few badbeats along the way... but if you can build a good enough stack then you can go bounty huting..
its really hard when you have like 22bbs and 1 guy has 8bbs and the rest has over 42+ that they will go all-in with a wide range for that bounty and you cant really call with

Thanks. Very helpful (specific) advice.

B

bigrog70

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those ko tournament's add a lot more gamble to the game , I like em teaches you to protect your ko and your chips .ISOLATION is key
#tmjv and good luck bounty hunter :top:

Thanks for your constructive response. Although there's more gamble, which many, including myself, may not like, you've pointed out what I need to focus on and how to adapt in order to succeed. BTW, what's #tmjv?