Anyone else dislike the payout structure on most MTTs?

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why I generally stay out of large field (>200 players) MTT's. Too much variance.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont care that this threads old!!!
they should take firsts prize and evenly distribute it to the top 3-5% of the field
then first place would take a little less but would be far more fair for the field

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that paying a lot of percentage decreases the prize, I think that they should not only adjust the issue of payment positions, if not, they should also reduce late registrations, but it is only a personal opinion.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It's pretty brutal, yeah. This past week I finished 3 times in the top 25 places of tournaments that had between 1500 and 2000 entries... I played about 11 hours in each tournament... and my reward? They were $5.50 tournaments with first prize around 2000 dollars or so... and for finishing in 22 or 29 place, I ended up cashing for like 15 or 20 dollars each time... I remember laughing afterwards, doing the math and realizing I earned about one dollar per hour for all my work.

It's almost enough to make me quit, but the truth is, I've never played poker for the money, I play for the love of the game... the only reason I want to win money is so I can play at the higher levels and keep improving my game against better competition.

Basically, even in a 2000 player tournament, if you don't make the Final Table, you're not going to make much money at all, and yeah it def sucks. It always feels like a waste of time. Thankfully, I love playing poker so that feeling is gone by the next day, and I do it all over again (the definition of insanity LOL).
Well said, I agree with you, and I'm just as in love with poker, and I hope that someday I'll get lucky and win a big tournament!:icon_sant

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think the payouts are fine.
Apart once the bubble breaks, there are players who play very aggressively, so playing well and with a bit of luck it is not difficult to climb the
payouts.Winning a tournament is not for everyone, which is why I think The collection is fine,
obviously all opinions are acceptable, so if the collection of the first positions were reduced to make them flatter, it would not create a problem for me either.