Amount of tournaments played at the same time

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many tournaments do you guys play at the same time?

Whats is the average and what is the optimal amount of tournaments you think you can play while playing at top level focused on all of them?

Personally I get better results when I just play one but if I focus I can do more.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The important thing is to watch the game in order to study it and calculate its maths and also study your opponents. After these I think that 2-4 games is a number you can watch, and be effective in the game.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I in the case of tournaments, prefer to only play one at the most two at the same time in that way, to be able to have a better concentration playing

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will play 2-4 games at times but to be honest any more than 2 and I see there is an issue with my play. Its hard to really keep up playing to many games if you are really trying to improve your game. When I just play one I do see a big difference in my play and the results.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing MTTs with no HUD - here's one more vote for about 4 max - usually dont play more than 3 at once. Playing general ABC poker with no HUD is fine but its hard to get a read on your opponents. Again, if they are SERIOUS tournaments i dont play more than 2 at a time. If they are $10 freerolls, i could care less until i obtain a big stack and set myself up for a deeper run

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Only one tourney a time for me. With the most expensive ticket I can afford. That's what I like.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It's hard for me to play many tournaments at the same time. I play a maximum of 2, if I play in more than two tournaments, I start to get confused

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to play the maximum number of tables at which you will be able to adequately evaluate all available information (statistics, stacks of opponents, the dynamics of the game at the tables) to make the best decision. Given the state of health and bankroll (or lack thereof) we determine the optimal number of tables. I have been playing four tables for about five years and I don’t observe the tendency to increase the number, although there have been attempts:(. How to play more tables without losing quality ??:confused:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also prefer to play a tournament at a time because to get a good result it takes a minimum of concentration and analysis during the game.meme when I have 2 or 3 tournaments frerrolls that starts at the same time I focus on the more important by leaving others out.

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After four it gets fuzzy

How many tournaments do you guys play at the same time?

Whats is the average and what is the optimal amount of tournaments you think you can play while playing at top level focused on all of them?

Personally I get better results when I just play one but if I focus I can do more.

For me anything above 4 is starting to get a little hectic. Start to get dealt out... misclick more often... and bet improperly due to another window popping up.

Not only that but i'm using a laptop with a track pad thing right under the spacebar. I find it absolutely impossible to keep up physically... let alone mentally with anything above four. Sometimes I even factor in the Buy In amount which I think is a horrible strategy. The focus should always stay the same... not letting smaller tournaments fall by the way side just because you dont care about $1.00.

I've played up to 6 but that's usually with freerolls mixed in or something - definitely learned my lesson. Even while im writing this post I think its time to bite the bullet and just buy a $10 USB mouse with a cheesy pad. Might help.

Lastly, I do not use any software or HUD''s to help improve my game. That being said it is extremely important for me to be watching who the bullys are... who's soft etc. I find that anything about two I start to lose aspects of that in game as well.

Any recommendations for software to download that might help improve my play?

Good luck ladies and gents,

Travis
BCP-horseshoebhole

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i get bored with playing one table at a time and because of the boredom i tend to call alot of cards i normally would not just hoping to catch something nice and win some chips lol but when i play 2 or 3 tables at a time i can stay active and tend to fold more cards that i shouldn't play!!!:D

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Basically I play at the same time on two tables. If I play more than two tables, it is hard for me to concentrate. I believe that concentration in poker is very important, so I try to be focused on my decisions.
Good luck.

44JASON44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

I'm new here how you guys n gals like it ?

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played up to 6 Tournaments at once. I am comfortable and play my best with no more than 2.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends if you want to increase your hourly or if you want to improve your game with quality decisions. I play max 4-5 tables but I'm also limited to my monitor's size so people with multiple monitors are able to get more volume in. It's personal preference but definitely try to increase your tables until you can't keep up.

Serkish

Serkish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to play 4 sit-n-gos at once. 4 is the perfect amount of tables for me to be able to focus and not get bored.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't want to play so many that you cannot concentrate or miss hands. The max for me is 4.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My maximum was when I played at 6 tournaments at the same time and I was able to get to only one tournament in prize places, it is very difficult and inconvenient, so I advise you to play at 1 tournament will be more likely to win.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Personally I can only play with 1 or 2, if I try to play more, everything gets tangled up and then I do not have a single positive result. I have tried to play 3 or more tables but it is impossible for me to concentrate, so I try to play 1 or 2 which I think is quite acceptable to me

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 2 tables. That way I can have something to do while waiting for good spots. I don't mind only playing 1 table when the action is moving at a reasonable pace.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the speed and buy-ins are reasonable then I'll usually play 4 tables. If they're turbos or higher buy-ins I prefer to limit myself to 2 to allow myself to focus. It cuts down on my volume but it means not punting tournaments because I can't play correctly.

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-4. I like to be able to see all parts of the tables on my laptop, and can't do that past 4.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a lot of 10 mourners myself at the same time.

V

vashsv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi tabling

Usualy do 4-6, sometimes 8 but only if I feel very sharp