Am I wrong in this spot?

A

abbershey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a good play imo but at a final table unless you are short stacked why take the risk? let everyone else duke it out;

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because I see it this way first you should not play all in since if you play a man like QQ, (it is known that it is a strong hand but you should try to fool the villain and also avoid leaving in an all in.) Preferably you must increase Gradually so that when you get to the River you are sure to have won the hand with a good boat.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to keep telling yourself,,,what hand do i want to get my chips in with? that`s it,,,just call and let the poker gods take care of the rest,,,,,:joyman:

M

Mikecouil1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you aren't willing to commit yourself with QQ what exactly WOULD you want to do?

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In the course of a deep field no limit tournament you might have to commit your chips allin 6, 8 even 10 or more times . Even if you were a 4 to 1 favorite every time ( big pair vs small pair ) it would be quite unlikely to win them all . 4/5 to the 6th power is very small , and to the 10th is miniscule . If you add (or even replace ) 4 or 5 say 70 /30 confrontations ...., well you can see my point ! you might say the tourney winner got extremely lucky , even if his or her read was perfect every time .

Last edited:
terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would take qq over aq all day,,,you made the right decision,,you were just a bit unlucky:(:(

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you did the right thing!!!
Fold pocket Queens preflop is not not easy, but possible. In such situations, you need to feel the behavior of your opponent. In a preflop war indicates the presence of either pocket kings or pocket aces.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
theoretically you played correct. You had to take chance in this position.

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being number 5 you needed to make a move soon so QQ is a lot better hand to try it with then 55 or something low.

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just keep losing in these situations and it kills your BR cause the micro tourneys it is only profitable if you make top 3 most of the time so i still dobt have a profitable ROI, i hear everyone say if you make the right plays it will equal out in the long run but it really isnt for me

I've found in Micro MTTs, playing the super nit gets you past the bubble most of the time.

agnew12

agnew12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's been covered by above but definite call. Need to get in a position to win 1st.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't ever be mad at getting it in good and someone just getting lucky, Takes s good portion of luck and skill to actually win a tournament. Queens there is always a call

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played very well if you call him with QQ , and I think everyone would do this.
If he put all in , and you're calling anyway is a nice call , but i suggest to everyone to try to play these hands.
I mean why you didn't call if he raise , and to see the flop , and you can play re-raise.
You played very well , dont think about this , because this is a just a bad beat , and this is happen is a part of the game , and as I you saw 28,37% vs 71,31% think that you still can losse 28%.
Thanks ;)

D

DrakeM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have called it aswell and I would have made the same right move as you.

Still, Poker is Poker, just because you have the odds doesnt mean you gonna win.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good decision to call with QQ, don't worry about bad beats, sometimes in poker these things happen, deal with it:)

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know you think it is every time but know something. For example AA beats 72o nine out of ten times. It won't happen that way - ok I beat that hand now I have 8 more times and at the 10th time I will fold them. No they go completely random and you could be bad beaten 9 times in a row. But then when the wheel of fortune spins you will have 90 times win streak with AA. Same for queens bro. Every single time if somebody raises you go all-in with KK, QQ or AA. There is no mistake of doing it. Good luck :).