Am I playing vs. a real person?

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played sit & go the other day.Two players remained at the table.The opponent played without emotion.Discarded cards when they were bad.Delap raise when the hand was strong.Predictable game.I thought I was playing with the computer.It was a feeling.Is it real?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I prefer it like that, because if emotions arrive at the table, then the game becomes really unpredictable :)

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players play a very specific style and strategy which can feel very uniformed. ABC straight forward poker. It may be working for them currently buy a good opponent will be able to pick up on the predictable style and exploit it to his/her advantage. It’s a good idea to mix things up and switch playing style from time to time so the opponent has less ability to read what cards you have in important pots. While there are bots, it can also be a real player, and likely is.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know man.
I sometimes feel the same.
More light should be shedded upon these issues

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played sit & go the other day.Two players remained at the table.The opponent played without emotion.Discarded cards when they were bad. Prelop raise when the hand was strong.Predictable game.I thought I was playing with the computer.It was a feeling.Is it real?
Some player also play 10+ tables at a time.
When I'm playing multiple tables, I will play a "predictable" game on most tables and then pick a hand or two, here and there, to switch things up.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The nature of the game online is such that, except for the most obvious giveaways, bots and human players can be indistinguishable.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
SNG players who play a massive amount of tables simultaneously play this way , SNG have specific spots and after a while you should play automatically.You should know the ranges you must push/fold profitably and the dynamic based on the stack size of your opponents.

Some times you should open shove any 2 cards!So if you are referring to a big brand like pokerstars then I don't think they are bots but they are SNG grinders.

Since their game was predictable then you had an easy game right?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes, I also have a similar feeling. But despite that, I always try to make quality decisions in order to stay satisfied with at least my game. My game is more important to me than my opponent's actions or game.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the player just played automatically. He played on his system, where everything has already been worked out.

N

NDim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This is a good question. It’s better to think that you played against honest people.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you feel like you can read their cards everytime when you play, and think is this a real person?

But we would never know if they actually had bots running on their system.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to doubt I am playing against a bot too often. I also play at very low stakes though. Hopefully not.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Multi table playing, almost always is a reason for playing abc poker in sng games. If you’re not in a multi table mod, and have opponent who is then is really easy to adjust your play and win

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And that the opponent must play with emotions. It only seems to you this picture of the game. Why did you write something to the player? Maybe he would have answered.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need a lot more evidence than this to conclude, you were playing against software. Most likely he was just a good player, who kept his emotions in check and followed a good game plan.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes the have adapted to your level of play and you just think they are predictable.