kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
good day I'm doing wrong, when I'm playing a tournament I feel I'm playing many hands and my game is going wrong that advise me

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
If you feel that you are playing way too many hands then you probably are. Then again, some players are way too tight for their own good. Finding the balance is a tricky question and it also depends on the level of your opponents.

If you feel that you are hitting a wall then why not take a moment and brush up some skills with our own free course?

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well then bro you should select your hands more so as not to participate so much with not strong or marginal hands, try to be between 20 and 30% if you exceed that I think you are really playing too many opportunities.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Could better answer with more details on your game but if you feel you're playing to many hands then you probably are. Look at open range charts to see if you are opening too much. They are not something you should take and play exactly as they show but should be a guide for overall play. This should help you a lot.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If you feel that you are playing way too many hands then you probably are. Then again, some players are way too tight for their own good. Finding the balance is a tricky question and it also depends on the level of your opponents.

If you feel that you are hitting a wall then why not take a moment and brush up some skills with our own free course?
if I should pause and of course I would like to take that course

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Well then bro you should select your hands more so as not to participate so much with not strong or marginal hands, try to be between 20 and 30% if you exceed that I think you are really playing too many opportunities.
If I should be in the 20 and 30 percent is the idea I think it's anxiety I have to control that

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
good day I'm doing wrong, when I'm playing a tournament I feel I'm playing many hands and my game is going wrong that advise me
You should be aware of positioning... Check the CC free poker lessons. They will help you a lot.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
can you be more specific? 1 in every 3 hands, 1/5 hands? 1/10 hands 1/20? What hands also your playing? you can play more hands if your keeps getting good hole cards like pocket pairs, Big Aces and if frequent open in late position.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It has rarely happened to me that I play many hands in a tournament, but I think that is not appropriate, I think that you should be a little more selective in which hands to play, sometimes from the beginning in a tournament I think that you can give the luxury of entering many hands because the blinds are very low, but you have to be very careful because little by little you lose and when you react you have very few chips

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What tournaments do you play? Turbo? or with a deep stack, knockouts?

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fished some theory for a while - it helps me to narrow the range, respectively, the profit should increase, (but this is not accurate):):)

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I recomend you that should be learn strategies and see videos to improve your skills in poker, maybe this link can help you.
And in internet have a lot of information that will help you yo improve your skill.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
That you stop, what you have is anxiety, one of the first behaviors to control and discipline in the game is to play all hands, it is a sure ticket to failure.

AAlemOon

AAlemOon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
There are some free books on the internet that teach you how to play with bad cards

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it all depends on what kind of player you are if you are a player who plays a lot of hands you can make more mistakes you should know this but if you play well you will win and outplay a player weaker than you so you should know this

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
you know the best are you winning player or losing player.
If you are winning some money with playing a lot of hands, good for you.
If you're losing with, then change it.
If you play only freerolls and for fun, then who cares, play however you want to.
If you want to make yourself better poker player, and profitable, then change something, and that you can do with reading our 30 days course like the other mentioned or watch youtube, read some books, etc...

Again, all depends of what do you want to achieve.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that what they say can be applied here: quality is better than quantity, I try not to play many hands, especially if the tournament has already advanced a lot, I consider it very risky and unnecessary, the only way to play many hands is to have many chips

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You answered your own question. If you're playing too many hands, you're probably playing a lot of junk. Stop playing with junk and your results will immediately improve :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, kley126! My advice will a simple: play less hands... That's it! And Good Luck, of course!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think you are playing too many hands, then probably you are.

You need to adjust your postflop gameplay depending on your pre flop ranges.

Also you can tighten your range by reducing offsuit combos of high cards.

dartablasta

dartablasta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can use gtowizard or charts to see which hands are playable :cool:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands