Always take the add-on ?

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it is a tipping the dealer add on at the beginning I always take them.
If it is at the first break I will count my chips and compare to average.
If I have a ridiculousy high amount of chips I will pass the opportunity up.
But it is on rare occasions.
Now rebuys are a certainly differnt matter.
Obviously I want to win the most amount of money with the least amount of investment.

ohio1985

ohio1985

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lastest update i didnt take the addon this time and finally cashed in won of these. haha this is epic.I do plan on taking the addon next time though. didnt have enough cash on me this time.Lost a little playing cash games before tourney started.

Last edited:
ohio1985

ohio1985

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what i forgot to mention was this is live poker not online.

bezobrazny

bezobrazny

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesing dilema

I believe you don't have to take add-on or re-buy just because they are in option. You should wait how things are going and then decide do you need a add on after one hour if that is possible.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i personally dont necessarily take the ad on.i mean,if the blinds are slow and its not a turbo,you have plenty of time to double up off some donk who sucks and get the add on for free. if i havent doubled up in like 35 mins,i might take it then depending on what my stack size is like. last summer i came out 9th in a 1A1R 12kfield tourney on stars without rebuying after having entered late and not buying the add on either. i honestly believe you can double up quicker in those type of tourneys cause people play looser due to the fake sense of being ultra deep right off the bat.

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
its for the dealers and its at the start of the tourny. thats a no brainer of coarse you take it . if nothing else its bad carma to stiff the dealers. you dont want to work for free do you?

D

dragonflyamb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always take the dealer addon. It's cheap and why start off the tournament at a disadvantage.

snklzona

snklzona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always take the dealer "tip" addon...the one at the break is a decision that
is dependent on more variables.

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always take the early add on.I dont want anybody on my table to have an advantage from the start. If i get decent hands early than i will be able to get more value from them.

ohio1985

ohio1985

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played a $30+$10 the other day at hollywood and didnt cash. had some good hands but wasnt in the pot. seems like the hands i should of played i didnt and the hands i played i shoulnt have. i think im gonna chill out on playing live and stick to online.

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime there is an option to have more chips as an addon or tipping the dealer I believe it should be taking advantage of.Those who dont are at a disadvantage I think.

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Is better for you if you always get add on. I always get add on with some exception when I had for example 30 000 or 40 000 chips and the add on is only 2 000 chips. But in that case it's also better to get add on if you have to pay only a little money for that add on.