Allin preflop

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think guys about allin preflop in MTT in early tournaments with monsters

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok, i use this method sometimes.

018smitty

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Small buy in or freeroll I am gonna call every time. Lots a limpers I will shove to thin out the limpers. Higher stakes I try to avoid the all in preflop till itm .

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you play poorly post-flop, then all-in pre-flop is fully justified!!!

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a fan. There are so many better and more satisfying +EV ways to win hands post flop.

C

CrushAce8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a decent hand I think going All-In Preflop is justified. One must considered carefully though. Sometimes this pays, sometimes it doesn’t.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am in a loose low-stake tourney where players typically jam early and call jams early, then I will play AA or KK this way. If in a more balanced tourney or a slower paced tourney with higher stakes, I may call a jam with these hands, but I am less likely to jam initially unless there has been a lot of action on the hand. I would rather raise, and hope for further action to get more chips in the pot, before going all in. I am less inclined to do this with QQ or JJ. Probably there I will just raise and maybe call a reraise, then evaluate the flop. It really depends on the tourney type and the typical player type at that tourney. Late in most tourneys, I am more likely to jam preflop with the right hand, in the right position, against the right player.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think guys about allin preflop in MTT in early tournaments with monsters
Playing monster hands in the early stages of the tournament through a preflop push! you will lose a lot of chips that you could win. Firstly, only marginal players will call you, which are not very many, and players with the same monster hands and you will not be able to get chips from other players. Secondly, after your move, other players will make notes on you and next time they will already know what hands you are playing like this, unlike the standard raise of 3-4BB and you will get even fewer chips. So in my opinion the choice is clear.

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am in a loose low-stake tourney where players typically jam early and call jams early, then I will play AA or KK this way. If in a more balanced tourney or a slower paced tourney with higher stakes, I may call a jam with these hands, but I am less likely to jam initially unless there has been a lot of action on the hand. I would rather raise, and hope for further action to get more chips in the pot, before going all in. I am less inclined to do this with QQ or JJ. Probably there I will just raise and maybe call a reraise, then evaluate the flop. It really depends on the tourney type and the typical player type at that tourney. Late in most tourneys, I am more likely to jam preflop with the right hand, in the right position, against the right player.

Definitely agree with everything said here. I'm never going to fold A's and K's preflop but I'd rather evaluate the flop than be allin.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play when I'm short, I always like AK too or when the player is weak so I put pressure on him.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a big tourney I try to avoid going all in with any hand preflop before itm.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on the structure of the tournament. If it's a turbo or hyper tournament, it's best to play aggressively. But of course you have to consider your position at the table.

P

plan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the situation, the format of the game, opponents and so on. But usually it's not a very good game.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Freeroll i will call probably with good card and i do sane sometimes.......depend of the feeling

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It also depends on your position at the table where you are ... you have to try.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are an RFI with a stack over 20bb and the tournament is not a KO, then negative. Such an action puts pressure on other players and you get a minimum. If you call a bet, a 3bet is also more appropriate (this does not take into account the details of the hand and your post-flop skills)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will not miss the moment to throw a pair all-in with a small and medium stack. With a stack of 20bb I will make a big raise to 4bb.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If I understand that I play worse postflop than my opponent, then all-in preflop with AK, AQ, medium pocket pairs is quite normal.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all in

:D Personally I prefer to go all in before the flop To prevent players who have bad hands from choosing good hands and being able to win the hand as such :D

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, you can go all-in preflop with a monster hand, it definitely won't be a mistake, but whether your all-in will be paid for is another question! You will most likely be paid only by the hands of the monsters, and the rest will fold! Everyone has different strategies for playing monster hands, but going all-in is definitely not a mistake! Good luck at the tables!

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing monster hands in the early stages of the tournament through a preflop push! you will lose a lot of chips that you could win. Firstly, only marginal players will call you, which are not very many, and players with the same monster hands and you will not be able to get chips from other players. Secondly, after your move, other players will make notes on you and next time they will already know what hands you are playing like this, unlike the standard raise of 3-4BB and you will get even fewer chips. So in my opinion the choice is clear.
Yes i agree

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, you can go all-in preflop with a monster hand, it definitely won't be a mistake, but whether your all-in will be paid for is another question! You will most likely be paid only by the hands of the monsters, and the rest will fold! Everyone has different strategies for playing monster hands, but going all-in is definitely not a mistake! Good luck at the tables!
Thank you for your help

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Allin preflop in early tournaments is very dangerous and disproportionate to the goal you want to achieve and win the tournament.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Sometimes this solution is the best possible option, but many factors need to be considered. In general, in my opinion, this is one of the possible options.