All those all-ins

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you annoyed when a tournament starts and one or two guys are pushing all in at every hand, and after a few unplayed hands, you get moved to another table, and you think "thank God" and you find another one or two players are pushy at that table as well.:mad:
Yes, annoying. But you noticed that this happens too often in tournaments. Therefore, you need to accept this and learn, and learn to endure such provocations.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not annoyed... I'm happy !

Because once i get a premium hand i can double up or even triple my stack
against the donk shoves.

Easy folds when you don't have a top hand - Easy chips when you have one.
Except for the rare cases in which you get beaten by them getting lucky.
But more often you will win. The odds are in your favor and you get paid the
maximum possible for your premium hands. It doesn't get any better....

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
all-in is unavoidable, especially in tournaments, it is annoying when people go all-in with 3,4 or 5,9 and they have to be on the river that do not be yes reaches...

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
there are all those who play all in and also those who look and enter all the hands, all the flops, in the end they are potential chips that can pass for you, if you know how to be patient

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, dont call em unless +QQ, meanwhile, let someone else call. Never my chips I say

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nope, that doesnt bother me at all. I like playing against those guys. i patiently wait until i have a strong hand and then i take their chips, lol

F

fierysausage

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
naw, it's not bad at all. I think it promotes more action, makes the game more fast paced, and when you call with something good you have a chip advantage early and open up your calling range for other players going all in.

I usually stack up pretty fast and have enough chips to guaranteed cash most of the time just because of these guys + playing solid regular poker to stack back up if I lose 1-2. Of course, I sometimes bust but that proportion of time is worth it in my opinion.

F

fierysausage

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
nope, that doesnt bother me at all. I like playing against those guys. i patiently wait until i have a strong hand and then i take their chips, lol

yeah it just makes the game more fun to be honest. It's actually preferable and there's nothing wrong with gambling if you're a fun player and want to take a couple buyins to stack up early if that is fun for you. At the lower stakes it's not much money lost + adds to the buyin pool

B

B341788

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet on line

How does every one feel about BOL ? I think it it by far the worst site there is . More bad beats toward the end of tournaments than I have ever seen at unbelievably rates of frequency

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Headache garanted with those bingo playersXD. I used to wait as longer as I can.

4kingwildo

4kingwildo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know, sometimes I just don't want to play good poker ) maybe feel luckier, or too tired, or blinds eat table alive, or something like this) so, I push chips into the fortune hands) of course only at freerolls. fastest way out I even know :D:cool:

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
me too I put note on then and wait until a good but sometimes it long before getting a very good hand hahaha

N

noskilluk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This seems the issue with freerolls/'cheap' tourneys... And I get the appeal, you either don't 'waste' much time or you get big wins early on...

At least I'd hope it wasn't like this in the more expensive tournaments but not sure I'll ever find out :p

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only get annoyed when they give away their chips to somebody else before I get a chance to take them.

C

Chronic1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't so bad if your a good player just be patient

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
upset

It really bothers me for the all ins from the same guy every hand. I end up folding aq ak aj and all pairs below 88. then when i get a hand like KK AA I go all in from his all in and he has 63 off suit 69 os 25 off suit and then I lose because he pairs both of his cards and I lose to my big hands to a guy or girl that doesn't care how to play. Waiting never works for me. I just sit out till someone else takes him out or I get moved to another table. I got moved 1 day to 5 different tables and each table had one or 2 guys:( or girls like that. Just wants me to quit playing all together.:(

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think those guys who go all in for several hands at the beginning of a tournament are just hoping to try and build up a big stack early in the game so that they can last well into the game. If they lose they don't really care because they are probably thinking "nothing ventured .... nothing gained". BUT ...... it feels some good to see them knocked out especially if I am the one to do it.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In some circumstances it's fine. (Annoying but fine)
I played a small 12 man tourney once and after 2 hours they insisted on a break even though we were heads up. When we got back after the break my opponent went all-in 1st hand. I folded.
Then he went all-in 2nd hand and I thought, he didn't even look at those cards, and I asked him if he had looked and he said "No, there's no point when the blinds are this high". 3rd hand again he's all-in I have some rubbish like 83 off. So I fold.
(Our stacks are pretty similar btw).
Next hand - Same thing.
Then I get pockets 88 and call. He has 76, flops 2 pair and that all she wrote.

and that folks is my "How annoying can all-in be" story.

K

kojuma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it's annoying and all but you gotta realize that when you have a monster pocket while they're still gambling, you take benefit from it most of the times

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you annoyed when a tournament starts and one or two guys are pushing all in at every hand, and after a few unplayed hands, you get moved to another table, and you think "thank God" and you find another one or two players are pushy at that table as well.:mad:
hi hi!!! :ciao:
yes i agree
however the right to risk all with an all-in is allowed & a part of poker
seems a player is permitted to employ any legal tactic in play?
someone said this tactic is less prevalent when the buy-ins are higher... so a player has "skin in the game" - free rolls & penny buy-in events are more likely to have some risk their stacks more readily, with little consequence

blond.jpg

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All those all ins equals bingo lol. Still nothing more intimidating than an all in bluff . I tend to get nosey with suited connectors if 5 or me ppl have called and I’m sitting BB for eg

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still think all in is making bad poker players. Where is skill?

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

Yeah add to that when someone calls them and you realize that you've given them too much credit and folded the winning hand, lol.
But seriously, that mostly happens in freeroll tourneys (Not so much on CC ones though) and the best way to deal with such situations is to stay patient, getting involved with them only when holding monsters, otherwise just wait for them to get knocked out because that's what happens to them in most cases anyway.

I

IDntEatFsh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I get annoyed, although I know, I shouldn't. ...

Anyway that lottery gambling takes all fun out of the game for me. At least, in rebuy tournaments these players fill the pot.

100% this. I enjoy the wit involved in poker. If people want to play bingo or slots or roulette there are plenty of options for them. I don't get why they bother ruining a game that others enjoy because it's not ALL about chance. It's unsportsmanlike.