All in or flat call with a straight?

H

HeadsUpFnatic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently played this heads up sit and go hand. Only played 14 hands with this opponent so I did not have much information on him.

Back ground on the hand:

He flat calls the blind in position.

Flop: check, check.

Turn: I check, he min bets, I check raise to 60 hoping to take pot down and also since I picked up more outs. He calls.

River, I lead for 80, he raises to 260?

With flush on the board and potentially a higher straight.

What would you do and why? I can tell you I called, but seriously considered just getting it in.

Attachments

• allinorflat.jpg
    allinorflat.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 15
Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call, because I think there's not much to be gained from going all-in. If he has you beat (flush, higher straight), he would definitely call your all-in. If he has anything worse than a straight, he'd most likely fold, leaving you with the same pot as if you had called.

I'm a beginner though, so I could be wrong :angel:

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call.

Worst hands are folding and you're only getting called by hands that beat you or split the pot with you. Only one of those scenarios is a good one, if you're called.

H

HeadsUpFnatic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call, because I think there's not much to be gained from going all-in. If he has you beat (flush, higher straight), he would definitely call your all-in. If he has anything worse than a straight, he'd most likely fold, leaving you with the same pot as if you had called.

I'm a beginner though, so I could be wrong :angel:

Yea, after more thought into it I came to conclusion calling is the right choice.

Btw, he had trip 5’s and I took down the pot.

Thanks for your input.

H

HeadsUpFnatic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Call.

Worst hands are folding and you're only getting called by hands that beat you or split the pot with you. Only one of those scenarios is a good one, if you're called.

He ended up having trips and I won.

Thanks for your input.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just call because worse hands will fold and better hands won't fold anyway