All-in on first hand

N

n0n4m3

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Many, at first glance, even with a bad card, go all-in with a trifle. This often happens in freerolls. a fairly strong hand, and the person with a change who went all-in wins. What is the reason for this, why is this happening? Maybe, on the principle, the first one went all-in means you won?

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Because the stronger hand does not always win

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The stronger hand win more often but not always. Just because of that there are bad players in poker from which you can earn on long time much money!

M1n1GuN777

M1n1GuN777

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When it comes to all-in, you have to take into account the fact that the highest five-card hand will win, so talking about hand strength until at least the flop is opened is extremely stupid for me.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This can happen mostly in freerolls, in real money tournaments no one goes all-in with a bad card

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
When something is free, you have nothing to loose and can only potentially win something.

This is why many players play more loose in freerolls than normally they would.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the strongest hand is more likely to win either by high card if you don't hit anything, but if you don't hit anything and your opponent makes a single pair he beats you, this happens because the variance is very high in this type of play .
if you go ALL IN against a crazy guy like that I recommend doing it with good cards like AA, KK, QQ, AKs, AQ. this range I use against these crazy people at the beginning of a tournament.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many, at first glance, even with a bad card, go all-in with a trifle. This often happens in freerolls. a fairly strong hand, and the person with a change who went all-in wins. What is the reason for this, why is this happening? Maybe, on the principle, the first one went all-in means you won?
Many people only take a freeroll seriously if they manage to get a lot of chips at the beginning.
If they succeed, their chances will obviously increase. If they are eliminated, they don't play unnecessarily for hours.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Many people only take a freeroll seriously if they manage to get a lot of chips at the beginning.
If they succeed, their chances will obviously increase. If they are eliminated, they don't play unnecessarily for hours.
Exactly. When I don't feel like to play very much, I just shove in the very first hand and do it again till I'm eliminated. Freerolls. But if I do good, as you've said above, I start to play well.
I have a thread about it and I was heavily criticized by many, lol. (I don't care). I believe many like to comment without reading the first lines of the threads, they read only the titles and misunderstand the real interpretation and comment wrongly . This is still poker anyway; Is not against any rule.

Have you ever felt like going all in, all hands, from the first hand...

Last edited:
Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's still poker. Players do whatever they want with their hole cards.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its not a good decision to give away your tournament in the early game , for example someone goes all in with 100 big blinds and i have a pair of queens, i dont feel confortable to pay. you were talking about freerolls so maybe you gonna be facing more than 1 person meaning your equity wont be so good.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
There can be many reasons. For example, the player is limited in time, or the player believes that freerolls are a lottery, or the player cannot control his emotions. Of course, sometimes you can get pocket aces from the first hand, this can also be the reason.
Good luck.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This can happen mainly in freerolls, in real money tournaments, no one goes all-in with a bad card.
I saw people go all-in with 63.93 hands, 2 jacks and won hands in a $1.10 buy-in tournament. So it's not just about freerolls.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw people go all-in with 63.93 hands, 2 jacks and won hands in a $1.10 buy-in tournament. So it's not just about freerolls.
If people put up a dollar and ten cents to participate, they can play in whatever way, they want :)

O

oldbutslow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen this behaviour in up to $3.30 buy ins and i am sure it happens in higher stakes to.

Some people just like to gamble and maybe some believe that to have a chance at the FT you have to build a huge stack early on.

Many players will deposit large amounts to gamble/play with simply because they can afford it, their buy in of $100 can equal my buy in of $1.10

If i had a bankroll of $50k i would not play microstakes poker. 😀

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is a re-buy, people try to get a big stack early. You can risk something, as it is possible to enter again.

Alex Okhr

Alex Okhr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i really hate this first hands in freerolls..some players recive this chance to play free and they have nothing to lose..they recive some K10 and gogoog...

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

Indeed this only happens in freeroll games The player think that he has nothing to lose

Rgds

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
They go all in because they have nothing to lose and they're just like 'whatever'. It is quite annoying though when you have a strong pair in your hands and you go all-in as well but then they get lucky and you lose.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They go all in because they have nothing to lose and they're just like 'whatever'. It is quite annoying though when you have a strong pair in your hands and you go all-in as well but then they get lucky and you lose.
If I get my chips in with 60% or more equity and lose, I am never to annoyed about it, because I know, I am making money long term. I think, the reason, why it annoy some people in freerolls, is because, they are mostly looking for entertainment. So they wanted to stay longer and play. But if entertainment is the main goal, why not go to the play money tables? They are always running, its free, and there is plenty of entertainment to be had :)

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In this position only with a monster hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands