all-in every hand

YoSungDuk

YoSungDuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your strategy against a player who goes all-in every hand?

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wait them out as sooner or later someone is going to catch them, with any luck I will catch a high pair and steal their chips. As a matter of fact I have one of those at my table right now and I am just waiting for my time.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tighten up and open raise only if you willing to call his thing.
Call with good hands like for example AJs, 1010 or even lighter but only if you know that it's a heads up and no one else will get involved.

Many times I'm thinking that I 'm a decent player and that I'll have many fair chances to win later and so I don't want to get busted for 120bb with a somewhat marginal holding, when playing for that amount of big blinds, like AJ or 1010 that I would never call against an unknown player.

But then again luck always takes its part even if we hold AA, and if the opportunity arises I 'll make the allin call light against an 100% shove range and good luck to his Q3o xD.
Sometimes we will lose but the point is to make right and reasonable decisions.

It is good to adapt in various situations and to not follow the tendencies of the bad players.
At the micros many players do all the crazy stuff, like shoving any two or all the table limps in and call everything. Keep calm and keep playing your game with a little adaptation. At such situations is not bad in my opinion to limp some hands too in position (I mean limp after all the table is in, never open limp and just raise if you have one limper) or call crazy shoves deep with a wider range.
These situations happen only at the micros and since adapting plays a great role in general this is why I'm suggesting such things xD. Don't take me wrong.

Last edited:
NapsterStrong

NapsterStrong

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If a person plays all-in after each distribution, then either he is bored of playing or he is in tilt, these players must be caught on a better map so that he does not spoil the game for others[emoji41]

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they go all-in literally every hand then just play passively. Wait out your opportunity when you have a hand you are comfortable to call them with.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you don't have to be afraid of calling him just with one king or queen. I tested this a lot of times and it basically works.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had this kind of player who's going all in with any hand like 93 or something and it was so satisfying when I catched pocket pairs of AA and threw him away

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a sign that you are in play with the kids most usually. Try to be calm, wait for the moment when you have strong hand and make the move. That kind of donkeys are usually seen on the freerolls, on other I would say tourneys with just 1 dollar buy in, you will rarely see this play. So the only solution is to be calm, don't get too tilt, because if you do, you are falling in their trap.
Every hand from pair 8's are good enough to go all in, but depends of the type of tour you are playing. If you are in late stage don't call with less then Q's as you can lose and blame yourself for your bad move.
Patience is your strength and you will master it with time.

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is key to succees. Every poker player should remember this. If there is all-in every hand guy, then you just wait your spot to take his chips.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I wait for someone to answer and kick this player out of the game.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to wait for others to eliminate the villain. I'm waiting for the best cards like AQ or AK, but I still lose.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
donkalishus

That is always irritating but i see they don't last more than 4 or 5 all ins before they are caught.
But i have been killed off by them when i had a solid hand and they suck out.
I think in some cases its people doing that to see if they can double right away and if they triple up they may settle down and play.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are going to be more times of them going bust compared to them quadrupling up. It is not smart to go against them unless you have that monster hand. Just be patient and play smart.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are waiting and pick a suitable hand against such a player

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in monks

There is no doubt that being patient is the answer to these all in donks. Also I find that because of their style of play I find myself limping and calling more often. This seems to work to get me into the money. In the past 6 Tourney Freerolls I have played, both ACR and 888, there have been a lot of 'all-inners' and by using a wait and destroy strategy I have been in the money 4 out of 6 tourneys, unfortunately not in the big money...yet...lol

teebahnoo

teebahnoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going all in repeatedly is a very efficient technique, specially in bigger stakes and if you built a tight image at the table. I use it when I lose a big pot, people instantly put me on tilt and if I’m late position I can get away 2-3 rounds and recover some of the loses.

When you face a maniac you need to know HU play and ranges. They will probability be on 40% of the hands when you call (no, not 80%) so you can call with big cards, medium aces and medium pairs if you can afford it (be at least twice their stack). The smaller stack you have the tighter your calling range. Don’t call from EP

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, I like it a lot when there is a player of that nature on the table, the only thing is to have patience and the luck that you get the right hand, to increase your stack or take away the rest of the chips he has

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would usually fold, unless I have a very strong hand myself. Then I would call. With these type of players, it is important that you beat them. Don't call them with weak cards because then they might win and the problem gets even bigger.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for good hand, and bust him, if someone isn’t bust him before you do, and patience is the key for that.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
The random number generator in online games is often on the side of those with more chips. I observed it especially in satellites or during the bubble period

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is advisable to pay it when it all-in on the 5th recovery. but of course other factors come into play in decision-making.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in monster stack 😁

I can't deny that I love making people pay for any hand they see when I'm a huge dominance stack I've got it I absolutely. Blind stealers letting the dice roll

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your strategy against a player who goes all-in every hand?
Wait for nats, and take all his chips, thanks to such people! I always thank these guys! exceptions are Hyper tournaments, but I don't play them;)

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Takes a few hands to figure out he's that asshole, then I pick my spot, 90% of the time that goes my way, but really really sucks when he just happens to have cards that one time or goes all in with 72 and gets it, makes me sooooo mad. :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands