AKo Cbet

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I have to explain why I raise 10BBs, those guys were fun players and they did limp every single hand. Is that C-bet correct? I knew I can extract value from those guys but seems like didn't happend this time, but should I do the exact same thing against fun players?

Hero (BTN): 136.45 BB
SB: 126.05 BB (VPIP: 60.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 5)
BB: 115.27 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
UTG: 119.17 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
UTG+1: 111.9 BB (VPIP: 80.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 5)
MP: 191.97 BB (VPIP: 80.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
CO: 24.25 BB (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 18)

7 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.37 BB) Hero has Ah Kc
fold, UTG+1 calls 1 BB, MP calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls 9 BB, fold

Flop : (23.37 BB, 2 players) 3s As 6h
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 19 BB, fold

Hero wins 23.37 BB

M

matiorzi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO the flop bet is huge. You should of bet smaller. Flop is perfect for you, top pair top kicker, I'd say the only bad turn cards are spades. I'd bet smaller and size up on the turn. I don't like potting flop when being so deep, pot control is very important.

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against those type of player value bet big they will call with a lot of worst Aces,2nd pairs and so on .....if they have nothing they will fold any way

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like your decision to play exploitively with the unconventional decision to raise to 10BBs pre. It’s easy to get too caught up in default raise sizes when all of the evidence points to you getting more in the center with the best hand by playing this way. I would likely go more like 6BBs here, unless there’s a pattern of raises this large being called by the fun limpers, but that is a very minor point.

I agree with others about the c-bet being a bit large. I’d like to add that if this were a wetter, though still ace high flop, then I think it would be fine to bet on the large size for the same reason as you made the large raise preflop. The problem with doing that on this flop is that the board is simply too dry. There are very few second best hands he’s likely to hold, and if he is thinking on any level about what you may hold, he’ll likely be scared off by reasoning that you have a big Ace (a hand more fun players generally over prescribe to their opponents but actually applies here). I’d bet around half pot, which is considerably more than I would c-bet readless on this dry flop.

Hope this helps [emoji4]

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with others about your c-bet being too large but may I add to the analysis by asking what you would do if UTG+1 comes back with a shove? Ax is certainly in his pre flop range so you could have been facing 2 pair with an ace. I know the odds were in your favour but a smaller C bet makes it easier for you to get away from calling the shove.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with others about your c-bet being too large but may I add to the analysis by asking what you would do if UTG+1 comes back with a shove? Ax is certainly in his pre flop range so you could have been facing 2 pair with an ace. I know the odds were in your favour but a smaller C bet makes it easier for you to get away from calling the shove.

This is the way to think. The large c bet screams AK or AQ..if opponent outflops you(a set, two pair) then how are you gonna fold after investing so much? I think a c bet is definitely the right play. Occasionally we can trap and pretend we have KK or a big pair to try and get opponent to bluff, or value bet a worse Ace. But on a wet board like this I think a c bet is the way to go..just WAY too big.