AK Hand?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the turn shove doesnt really make any sense, what hands call that wouldnt barrel almost all rivers?

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the turn shove doesnt really make any sense, what hands call that wouldnt barrel almost all rivers?

That’s what I said man.

“As it was played, as the queen gave me the nuts though I would agree and should have flatted and let her barrel again on the river.”

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Originally Posted by ssbn743

The turn shove makes some sense; right? You have to represent something? As it was played, as the queen gave me the nuts though I would agree and should have flatted and let her barrel again on the river.

I was responding to that, in which it makes zero sense

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh I didn't see the 5 flats in front. (I thought it went raise fold fold fold fold call fold fold squeeze etc)

right 2nd go.

squeeze pre, we have AK and can't really flop anything too good multiway so we want the dead money in the pot, we have position if called and we can barrel people off weak hands/get there on turns against one range rather than 5.

still think that raising flop makes no sense, flatting flop is prob fine now that we got here.

think its a nitty fold for AK, but when she tells you her hand and it beats yours then you gotta fold..

no point risking your stack there when there are way easier spots.

you're not a donk, but you could've played the hand a bit differently.

*3bet pre fold to 4bet*

N

Nooneinparticular

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the flop call is fine because?

Ohh and to whoever said you've been told to put people on a range, not specific hands. There are always exceptions to every rule, and here you actually can put her on specific 1 or 2 hand combinations. If you can do that, you should do.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The flop call is horrible because this is most likely the only turn card she is folding on, the whole everyone has AK syndrome

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The flop call is horrible because this is most likely the only turn card she is folding on, the whole everyone has AK syndrome

The hell is AK syndrome?

N

Nooneinparticular

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ages ago in the thread "omgitsover9k" said:
"flop calls fine, semi-bluffing when we have FE vs 1 hand in her range imo (JJ) is prob bad. "

Still loving to hear the hilarity behind "flop call is fine"

N

Nooneinparticular

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"flatting flop is prob fine now that we got here"

Jesus.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wtf is your problem?

we have the nut Ah, a gutter and other random pairs etc which I don't like folding.

I think villain has AA/KKin this spot but OP said she does this wider so with that info i'm saying flatting the flop IP is fine.

chill the **** out dude.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a good hand but like you said,flat call was interesting....i gotta ask you,would you ready to risc whole your stack on turn if that was any other heart,except Q ofc?

N

Nooneinparticular

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only problem I have is people on here giving terrible advice, especially without reason.

"we have the nut Ah, a gutter and other random pairs etc which I don't like folding."
lmfao. ohhhhh the "nut" runner runner flush draw. Yeah thats really valuable for pot odds of 2 to 1, not to mention that you are getting pushed on the turn if it isn't a queen.

Your advice is shocking on just about every level, because you "don't like folding".

Anyone can have an opinion, but yours is not helpful at all

D

deeshark420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker hands

You played it fine, this women is upset because she played it horribly and got "sucked out on" but if she is giving off all these tells im putting her on Aces and trying to hit 2 pair + because she cant fold it and is gna inflate the pot, she put 300BB's with an overpair, shes the donk imo, nh
who would fold either hand and especially when the cards are on the board its not at all what she has or could have at that point.i think it was the right play by ak.:jd4:

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only problem I have is people on here giving terrible advice, especially without reason.

"we have the nut Ah, a gutter and other random pairs etc which I don't like folding."
lmfao. ohhhhh the "nut" runner runner flush draw. Yeah thats really valuable for pot odds of 2 to 1, not to mention that you are getting pushed on the turn if it isn't a queen.

Your advice is shocking on just about every level, because you "don't like folding".

lol why are you so mad, if you disagree with the advice then fine but I don't see why you're so aggresive -.-

I think the calls fine, but I would've 3bet folded to 4bet pre so this doesn't really apply to me.

we don't know what she's going to do on the turn, if she doesn't slow down then we let it go clearly but if she's doing this with the range the OP gave her then we have to call..

so yeah, chill the **** out and keep your aggression to yourself.

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was responding to that, in which it makes zero sense

I don’t know what’s so hard to understand here? Yes, you’re right why would I raise all-in with the nuts, it doesn’t make sense; except when you figure in that the whole plan when I called the flop was to shove on her next bet.

From only a pots odds and card prospective, calling pre, and calling the flop are both bad. I don’t mind the pre flop call because of position and the fact that I have 200BB – but if the blinds were higher and my stack smaller, it’s an automatic fold. I can’t call a dark bet post flop with a gut shot and that’s all. She has my over card outs; so how can I call with near 1:1 pot odds?

As played, I didn’t even see the queen until all my chips were in the middle because my plan did not include hitting a gut shot. The whole idea was to get here to fold AA! I won, she folded; and it didn’t hurt that I happened to make the nuts! But she expected to be beat, so I made here believe that I beat her, and yes it helps that I actually did beat her!

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not to mention that you are getting pushed on the turn if it isn't a queen.

How are we getting pushed on OTT if its not a Q she is still going to bet the same amount and we can still shove over and like OP said make her fold so if you are going to go about berating other peoples comments then look how stupid that one you just made is

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Tbf this response is a lot more useful advice to someone trying to ask advice about a hand, bet that was the most useful post OP has read on this thread, brillaint cheers for this one PAL

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How are we getting pushed on OTT if its not a Q she is still going to bet the same amount and we can still shove over and like OP said make her fold so if you are going to go about berating other peoples comments then look how stupid that one you just made is

we have far less FE on other turn cards

N

Nooneinparticular

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forgive me, but I thought the idea of this board was to improve peoples game with discussion. Not spouting out unjustified bad play which OP will take as correct.

A discussion, which this is designed to be by the nature of an internet forum, has to have arguments, not simply statements without a valid argument.

Opinions are fine, but dressing up a bad play as the correct one is not.
Who said I was mad? My problem was you giving a simple statement with no justification which pleyers of less ability will take to heart. You cost them money. While I couldn't care less if you play badly, I do care that people looking for advice and help get bad advice. If I was being cynical I could say you are deliberately giving bad advice so people do not get better.

You still have not given a good reason why the call on the flop is "ok". Yes I know that you haven't because you can't, but at least open you mind and think you might actually be wrong. Maybe you could learn something?

Oh and yes, I wouldn't be in the situation either, but in that case the correct answer is don't get into the situation, not "the call is fine".....

I don't get mad or angry by the way, just trying to help people learn.......

M

Mr_Slip

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, learn to fold pre to players this tight in this situation..

This is the best piece of advice in this thread... IF you know the player well, why do you risk ANY chips... many a tournament i've dumped QQ and below pre simply because the person who raised 4xBB in front of me i know as a very very solid and tight player... this is a TOURNEY environment... you only cash if you survive all the way.. let the nit have his few chips when you dont have the nuts... one motto to live by (in tourney poker at least): you win tournaments based on the hands you fold NOT the hands you win

best,
~Slip

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the best piece of advice in this thread... IF you know the player well, why do you risk ANY chips... many a tournament i've dumped QQ and below pre simply because the person who raised 4xBB in front of me i know as a very very solid and tight player... this is a TOURNEY environment... you only cash if you survive all the way.. let the nit have his few chips when you dont have the nuts... one motto to live by (in tourney poker at least): you win tournaments based on the hands you fold NOT the hands you win

best,

~Slip

Yes, but again, if you don’t call AK in position with 200BB; why are you even playing the game?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

best,
~Slip

this is wrong for several reasons. Ill start by saying you play absurdly tight,
moreover set mining is completely ok v KK+ ranges for obv reasons. so if QQ=22 then set mine.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands