Chips
How I play this cards at this position? R: Not being All-in Preflop ;):p

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depend the read about other players and if have any moves before you, but normally I raise 2x-3.5x BBs + 1 BB x limpers. In flop if just one call me, I c-bet most of the time even if I am not in position and even if I have not hit anything that improves my hand. In turn I think if my hand is good or not and I'll evaluate if it's worth bet or check.

M

mclarke10490

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
always raise

I always raise it up unless there is a 3 bet already then I flat. unless im the chip leader then its all in!

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a,k

I lost to a couple people who had pocket aces against my ace king. I would probably raise 500 chips at the most.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always will to do re-raise with AK

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the usual factors - blind level, stack sizes, position, reads, action to me. But to generalise I'm usually raising 3-4BB if it's unopened, calling or re-raising if not. However, the right actions from the right players before me (i.e 3 and 4 bets from tight players) could make me fold AK.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Cut off is a nice position and AK is a strong pair. Good combination! I would make a simple raise and a few times all in, depending from the conditions!

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no simple answer due to all of the variables, but AK should be a raise or reraise a vast majority of the time. About the only time it isn't for me is if a tight player has already 3 bet before me, in which case I'll likely flat if it isn't too much of my stack. However if the original raiser is fairly short stacked and I think there is a good chance they will shove, I might fold. Also if I am at/near the bubble in a satellite I might fold depending on stack sizes.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the later stage with a small stack, you can go all-in. All-in, you can go against the middle of the stack on the bubble. On the bubble is the hand with which to play aggressively.

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AK I never limp. I prefer 4x raise but depends on how many players left and how much stack I have got

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ill usually 3 bet then c bet flop and see how it goes from there

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will usually raise small, or call if I can force the action to close. I will not usually all-in this hand, even suited.

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try play aggressive on CO with AK, and never fold vs button or blinds.