AIOF Strategy

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR is running these AIOF freerolls to get tourney seats.
Is there any strategy for this except to jump off the cliff and hope for the best?

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Welp not really, pick your spots, try to get a stack early... dust yourself off, try again... giddy up😎👍

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are just an icm test.

Use an icm tool like sngwiz or icmizer and study the format.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually everyone just goes all in from the beginning, otherwise most will go all in with only super premium hands in the beginning. Bad beats are way more common bc of the more frequent all ins early on

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR is running these AIOF freerolls to get tourney seats.
Is there any strategy for this except to jump off the cliff and hope for the best?
I think your hand range is relatively easy in these because they are 4-handed.

Any ace, any pair is usually ahead.

Good kings KQ, KJ, KT are also likely ahead.

Shoving with a hand is different than calling with the same hand.

If I am a bigstack then I can expand my range - especially vs a shortstack shove. Although - why am I taking a chance of doubling a shortstack up? What do I really gain if I knock him out?

In the beginning it is difficult to get your opponents to fold. But as the tournie gets deeper players play smarter and may fold big hands if they are confronted with a shove.

Inverse position is important because shoving UTG w QJ is just polling the table if they have anything that beats it preflop. Especially in the beginning stages as I have mentioned. And I'm not really saying don't shove UTG w QJ. Just keep all of this in mind.

What I mean by inverse position is that because there is no post-flop betting - having position is not important. Traditional position is eliminated by shoving preflop.

With a cap of 250 players - the entire tournament is pretty quick.

The table is usually tight approaching the bubble.

As another poster said, be patient and pick your spots.

Good luck !

Last edited:
mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I've played the AIFO freerolls very little. I think that sometimes it's just hoping for the best and hopefully you'll have a lot of chips at the beginning and you'll be able to win the tk, I was close to winning the ticket twice but I just got complicated I think the doubts they beat me and well I was left with a bubble