Aggressive play

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello everyone, do you play aggressively when you have first place and 200 players and the prizes have already started ? and if you ever lost in a situation where you have the most chips because of aggression?

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When someone is the chip leader, they destroy the table. When I am the chip leader, I double up all the short stacks and bust out on the bubble.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Situations in which we lose due to aggressive play occur when we lose self-control. This has often happened to me before.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am way too cautious to play aggressive even if I am chip leader. I replay the hand quite often and think about where I could have been more aggressive but I still can't do it when I'm playing live. One day I'll get more brave!

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never been in such a situation, but I have seen more than once how the chip leader lost his stack very quickly due to bad moves already close or on the final table.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
being chip leader let you the chance to play only strong hands and the less hand you play the more other players are scared of you

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Having a huge stack helps to bully arround, but not without selfcontrol.
So in fact, you can place bigger bets when you decide to play, but you must keep a thigt(er) style, not to become loose.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always try to play aggressive in tournaments. Regardless of how many chips I have.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
sometimes, but it depends on the stack of the other players that are at the table and the difference between them and me (in terms of stack), if I have a lot of chips I play a little more aggressively and also depending on the readings I have of the other players

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When I have the first place I try to keep the balance and stay to that place. It happens in some games to go from last places to the first place and the opposite, from the first place to the last!

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play more aggressive then but I still fold at bad hands,I play more careful then I bet only on good hands but I increase bet more then I increase then when I have lower amount of chips like others because my goal is then to remove as many people as I can from each table so tournament can finish faster and I can be at the better position.

X

XsMALsX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's better to play aggressive since you have the luxury of the chips advantage. however you still need to control yourelf and play intelligent.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I am with aggressive play, but some hands must be played quietly. It is better to play soft and varied so that you do not lose everything you have, but 80% is aggressive play is the best

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It all depends on the format of the tournament. Sometimes the best way is an aggressive game. But personally, I usually prefer to set traps for aggressive players. In my opinion, aggressive play has many weaknesses and aggressive play is relevant only for experienced players.
Good luck.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can play more aggressively with big stackby putting pressure on the short\medium stacks . You may have a situation where you lose chips in the high EV hands. You do not want to make call marginal hands unless you have read on your opponent's bidding patterns.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It really all depends on how you approach the game/perceive $, imo. If lunch is more than $20 a day then you probably don't mind donking your way through a $50 buy-in using an aggressive style. I'm tighter than Mary Cooper in a bingo hall when I'm playing in a freeroll. :dontknow: I will say this, I have donked my way to a final table in a $.10/360/sng at PkrStrs a long time ago to see if there was something to it. I shoved every single time I played a hand and the hands I played had to have at least one :jd4:. I think I went out in 4th. I made, something like, $4.25. I tried that in a $1250 GTD for $5 and I was out in 3 hands, lol.
Now it's all patience and then agg-style to massive 200 plyr chip-lead. GL.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bro, if you're CL have to be agressive of course. But do it with knowledge GL GL