Africa

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fairly new to poker, playing in a tournament but I have a question, in late position two players limp in front, so I raise they both call, i flop two pair, they check, would I check or raise here?

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yo S.A , why that title ? Lol ,
Either play is ok, i might check, just consider other person may have a set and was only checking to you, the preflop raiser, not knowing their table image i may check and hope that the turn gives them a piece if they missed the flop, no more checks on the turn though

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo S.A , why that title ? Lol ,
Either play is ok, i might check, just consider other person may have a set and was only checking to you, the preflop raiser, not knowing their table image i may check and hope that the turn gives them a piece if they missed the flop, no more checks on the turn though
I have taken your advice, no more checks on the turn and has helped my game, thank you. Oh title, i live in Africa and The King of the Zulus lives in my neighbourhood, also my Avatar is KwaZuluNatal, which is the area i live. cheers

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have taken your advice, no more checks on the turn and has helped my game, thank you. Oh title, i live in Africa and The King of the Zulus lives in my neighbourhood, also my Avatar is KwaZuluNatal, which is the area i live. cheers

Hi, you're welcome, any help i can,
I live in Zimbabwe, so hi neighbor,
Saw you at my table today , :)

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, you're welcome, any help i can,
I live in Zimbabwe, so hi neighbor,
Saw you at my table today , :)
Great, I am an ex Bulawayo boy, went to Northlea. Played soccer for Kallies and Highlanders, left in 1982 to Durban. I ended up Flying Choppers in Mozambique and there were many Zimbabweans there working at the Hotels, many from Bulawayo, always very friendly.
Have you been playing poker for a long time.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great, I am an ex Bulawayo boy, went to Northlea. Played soccer for Kallies and Highlanders, left in 1982 to Durban. I ended up Flying Choppers in Mozambique and there were many Zimbabweans there working at the Hotels, many from Bulawayo, always very friendly.
Have you been playing poker for a long time.

Haha well met, I'm a current byo boy, I used to play a lot of chess, then i met poker, about 10 years ago perhaps , i had no idea i been playing on and off for that long! Wow time flies, between family & work i guess time always flies :) ,

I'm looking forward to having a slight schedule of playing fixed hours a week with 1 or 2 free days, will see how that pans out .

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long have you been playing, ? And did you ever try the "pigs peake" tournament ? I remember seeing the "all Africa tournament " 1st prize was like 1mill rand and wsop packages etc .... haha ,
I never did make it there, as my online earnings weren't great (alas still a problem lol )
Alas also no more "piggs peake" means i have to go straight to wsop , no intermediary tournaments

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How long have you been playing, ? And did you ever try the "pigs peake" tournament ? I remember seeing the "all Africa tournament " 1st prize was like 1mill rand and wsop packages etc .... haha ,
I never did make it there, as my online earnings weren't great (alas still a problem lol )
Alas also no more "piggs peake" means i have to go straight to wsop , no intermediary tournaments
I played on Silver Sands for about 2 years, never really won anything, but then I saw a few articles by informative proffessionals who test sites out and they put it on the really bad list ie not too legit, so i stopped playing for about 5 years, now back on AC AND REALLY TRYING TO LEARN THE GAME.

Related South African Guides: SA Sports Betting