Adjusting open raising and isolating range

Y

YungDupLa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my question is , should you loosen or tighten your range as your stack either dwindles and/or blinds increase ?
i have a fairly refined 10-15bb strategy
need more help with regards to mid game play ( sit n gos )

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The short answer is yes, you should play wider ranges with a larger stack and play a tighter range with certain stacks, but also be willing to shove wider when you have a ss.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When you have a big stack is your priority to apply pressure in general. I don't imply to open any two but to widen up your range with nice starting hands which have a ton of value post flop!

When short stacked you have to tighten up your range and try to open from late positions or with monsters of course. You can't afford to open and call a 3 bet. Personally when I have 10-15 bbs I open only the hands I am willing to 4 bet-shove after a 3 bet. Or if I go post flop I try to play optimally but I don't have space in order to lose any chips!So I have to proceed cautiously.

Last but not least you must find out the re-steal spots in order to fight back and don't blind out when deep in a tournament.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short stack is allin or fold. Can't raise fold with 10-15 blinds.

Aalexandar

Aalexandar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you have a huge stack you can afford to play much more loose than usual, but when you get down to less than let's say 15-10 bbs it kind of becomes a push/fold strategy and at that moment what you actually should do is tighten up your range rather than loosening it because you want to give yourself the biggest odds of winning the pot, either at showdown or preflop.

Tightening your range at those times will give you an image of a player who has big hole cards and might either make you opponents fold which lets you pick up the pot easy, and if you go to showdown you're gonna be holding something decent in your hands. Basically at that point you're waiting for any broadway suited cards, mid to high pairs, and you shove them as hard as you can.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
opening ranges ,I usually start with 3-4 BB and decrease them as the blinds go up later game i open with 2 BB