ACR Tourney Prize Structures

H

HeckinPhysics

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While sitting around waiting for an America's Card Room tourney to start, I usually find myself curious as to the prize breakdown. So, I made a spreadsheet. It was mostly for my own love of exact knowledge, maybe others here will find it useful.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UHF6E-xN5TZ7g3xrKVBqaD-RHwe8gJ56mDMVNJxCeLM/edit?usp=sharing

Just make a copy, enter the prize pool into A1 of the second sheet, and it will
mathi-magically display the payouts by rank! Right now, it's based on $.5 On-Demands, as right now these are my favorite.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question for moderators, is there a reason to allow links in a new registries' first post?

This is the second one I recall recently and it just smacks of hacking.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Question for moderators, is there a reason to allow links in a new registries' first post?

This is the second one I recall recently and it just smacks of hacking.

Don't think this is a hack. More like a first attempt to provide some useful info.

He needs to work on it tho. Headers will help.

H

HeckinPhysics

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, dj11 - it's still definitely a work in progress. I'll add some headers and post a new copy. Though the skepticism is justified, nothing underhanded is intended. Would Excel format look less sketchy?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks, dj11 - it's still definitely a work in progress. I'll add some headers and post a new copy. Though the skepticism is justified, nothing underhanded is intended. Would Excel format look less sketchy?

Really, I have no clue. I Haven't dabble with spreadsheets or dbases since...1-2-3 or maybe Symphony.

V

verybadatpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care a whole lot about the spreadsheet (especially since they have a tab where you can view payouts -- at least for the tournaments I've done), but a google doc link is far far less sketchy than an excel document. The main things someone could do to make a malicious google docs link are either using a similar, but different main domain (for example docs.gogle.com) that people might not notice (if they have control of whatever that domain is, which I would guess are very expensive given the similarity to google) or changing the markup on the forum to link to something other than what is written. In either case it would almost certainly require additional user action beyond clicking the link to be harmful. By contrast, it is a lot easier to make an executable file that looks like an excel document. Most any antivirus these days will catch that, but it still poses more risk.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the ACR application it actually lets you view this while in the tourney lobby.Nice work on the spreadsheet kinda useless though but ty anyways