Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In early stages of MTT tournaments, in position you are holding your nice AA in MP position and have the BB player calling your bet.

On a doubled board, is it time to continue betting on the river or should we control the pot?

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I'm making one more bet. I'm trying to defend. Good players will bluff. In general, I don't know how to do it right. Somebody who has been playing well and for a long time will write. Good topic.

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I'm making one more bet. I'm trying to defend. Good players will bluff. In general, I don't know how to do it right. Somebody who has been playing well and for a long time will write. Good topic.
You shoud C-bet
if you let your opponent see the bord, be sure 50% of the time you will be suprised.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would control the pot,call and maybe even fold,if you losing it does no matter what you have in your hand
God bless

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Continue betting And see if you can get a 3- bet through.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok why would we be afraid of a pair on the board?
if villan checks we bet, if villan bets we will call, if villan goes all in we will rethink the hand and decide to call or fold depending on the stats and reads we have, in a freeroll we most likely not will not fold.

iman_wd

iman_wd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
EE
Chips
if your opponent is a loose player who is likely to call with weaker hands, you may want to bet on the river to extract value. However, if your opponent is tight and is unlikely to call with anything weaker than a strong hand, it may be better to check and try to induce a bluff.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a board like QhQs2c AA might be the best hand, but it could also be beat, and few worse hands will be willing to play a massive pot. On a board like Qh2s2h on the other hand AA is pretty much the nuts, and lots of worse hands are going to be willing to play a big pot. So the way, we approach these two boards should be quite different. It also matter, which position we and the opponent(s) have, how deep we are, and how many people saw the flop. So rather than a general question like this, its much better to share an actual hand history in the tournament hand analysis forum.

Last edited:
Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you need to keep betting, more often the opponent will think that you are bluffing, and I often hear that they teach you to bet on a paired board with a frequency of 100 percent

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For any raise before the flop, I advise you to throw an all-in, there is a chance that they will not enter with garbage and your AA will not turn into a weak hand

ninpo

ninpo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
it depend's on your opponents and how it go pré flop did you just call a raise to induce or you raise a bet of your opponent

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think it also matters, how much was your preflop raise. If it was like 3BBs, a loose player might have just called those additional 2BBs just to see a flop and get lucky (even more possible if they had above average stack). In that case something like T33 could also kick you out if they limped in with something like 34s or A3s (or rather K3s). Anyhow, I would c-bet. If they shove on flop, then I might consider folding them, but still: they could have simply a pocket pair over the board (like JJ) and feel they have to defend, so I think it really depends on the villain and how you categorize them.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would continue betting. I will be more cautions if the rank of the paired card is T/J/Q/K, if it hits my opponents range.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It depends on the flop, but personally if the BB pays your bet, it is better to bet small and control the pot, most of the time he will bring a hand worse than yours and he will surely pay your bets until the turn, that's how he you would get more value with your AA to an aggressive player in BB

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Well, with such a hand, it's hard not to bet one bet exactly after watching your opponent's action, I think he will lose his hand in large numbers, and if not, you'll knock it out on the turn, and if not, you should already be afraid of the opponent's hand on the river