Chips
as the subject line says folded to you. do you open or fold

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thought question for answering, depends on how many people before you entered the pot. Also depends versus what players you're playing. I would open with min raise if everybody before me folded, or maybe shove if the players after me are that tight. But in general its really hard question for answering. Depends on everything, players on table, stack of your chips and your game before. So good luck :)

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was folded to me and I was wondering if i was playing too tight by folding it was scoop 08 M which i got a seat from a satellite. but I was just asking for a general opinion of players. if it is folded to you in general would you play or fold

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot depends on your stack size vs blinds. In shoving if short stacked from hj. Early in tournament or if I have a good size stack i'd agree with other poster, small raise and go from there.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess i would 3bet it if everyone before me folded most of the time, but if someone opened before me i would think about calling, maybe i would if it is a smaller bet.

guccipix

guccipix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely depends on your stack and the blinds, like others are saying. But i feel this should definitely be in your opening range from the hijack. It’s easy to get called by weaker hands that will fold when you C-bet a dry board.

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would open almost every time.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always open and make a c-bet postflop independent of the flop.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is so much more information needed to give you an answer. Table dynamic, stack sizes, cash/tourney. I'm folding A9o from HJ in most spots. A9 suited I would open with a good stack size and decent reads on opponents. Folding to a 3bet unless its a short stack jam and my stack could take the hit. Do not over play this hand from early/mid position. Hope this helps.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's suited. I open to 2.2bb if the two opponents on my left aren't super aggressive. If there's any 3bets from the blinds I call and if the CO of Button 3 bet I will become player dependent. This is a hand that you should be trying to see flops with especially when you have decent position. You could just call this hand if you're experiencing a lot of 3bets at this table. If you get a 4bet you should fold but there are some situations I could still flat a 4bet.You'd be in position and giving the villain a opportunity to play bad on the flop of turn. Plus you could always get lucky. A cold 4bet should be folded without even thinking about it.
If its A9o I probably dial this down and make my decisions on the players left to act. LAGs left to act I probably call. I may get 3bet and I'd like to fold cheap or call if the price is right and the player is wreckless. TAGs left to act I raise this will give me a very polarizing range but it will also allow me to assess a range on my opponent. A mixture of LAGs and TAGs I fold unless I feel I have the upperhand on all remaining players.