A tricky hand on final table with TT

Indian Givah

Indian Givah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone says shove, so next time should probably shove.

M

Mohawk Golf

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove pre. Snap call raise and cross your fingers your probably the favorite

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With 10.5bb, just shove. Minraising is just begging for someone to shove behind you.
What would be so wrong with this? It's a pretty flat payout structure & if min-raise induces a shove, isn't this a 'good thing'? Wouldn't this be the ideal result, better than just picking up blinds in this spot w TT?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What would be so wrong with this? It's a pretty flat payout structure & if min-raise induces a shove, isn't this a 'good thing'? Wouldn't this be the ideal result, better than just picking up blinds in this spot w TT?

not really given that widening their calling range a bit includes hands that largely have enough equity v us that we would rather they folded pre

D

DrSparky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove and hope for two handed - I think opening it up for anyone to easily call behind would be risky (At least that's what I've read recently)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what happend? did u win?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having TT in this spot when this short is like picking up AA. Yeah as most have stated, shoving is the best of all options.

min raising looks way to strong when you're this short and you want to try get a calls not a fold. Shoving looks weaker and you likely will get called lighter.

The thought of min raise /folding is horrendous don't ever do that when this short!

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I would be on his spot, I would guess you on small pair and go all in with any 2 high cards. So its coinflip.
If you fold, you will be short stacked and he will not. So its better to accept the coinflip in this case.
There is risk of higher pair. But I would say there is same chance of smaller pair or Ace with low card. So against such range, you have EV+.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There is risk of higher pair. But I would say there is same chance of smaller pair or Ace with low card. So against such range, you have EV+.
I would say there is not 'same chance of smaller pair or Ace with low card' that will call you here. There's only ~12% of running into a bigger pr.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands