A thought on regs

Z

zackryan28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is. If they are slow making decision and running like 10/8 on the hud in a turbo SNG, they're multitabling and a reg.

Also, if they are on your immed right and give your BB a walk a few times from the SB when blinds are low, they are a reg.

If you are playing on stars and they have a whole bunch of those stars on display on their avatar, they are a reg.

And for you guys wondering why they would play so many tables, realize that 5% ROI x 15 tabling 8 hours a day + 27% rakeback + site bonuses = $$$$. It might be mindless work, but like bwammo said, some people are happy to push buttons to make money.

All true points, and there is definitely a reason to play 24 tables at once--if you know how. My comment (if you were referencing it) was regarding people that have thousands and thousands of games in, and they are break even. People like that need to reconsider their playing style. That's all.

sharkscope calculates rakeback when giving ROI% and profits, right?

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All true points, and there is definitely a reason to play 24 tables at once--if you know how. My comment (if you were referencing it) was regarding people that have thousands and thousands of games in, and they are break even. People like that need to reconsider their playing style. That's all.

Sharkscope calculates rakeback when giving ROI% and profits, right?

no, SS only collects actual prize money. It doesn't know who has RB and who doesn't. You need to realize that the SS of the world aren't the be-all and end-all of numbers too....

Guys playing that many games at breakeven aren't doing it for the fun of it.... they are actually very profitable.

Actual profit, especially if you can make supernova or SN Elite on stars can be 100K from bonuses alone.

Also, check out higher stakes. The higher the stakes the lower the ROI of the best players. I think at the $50 level for instance IIRC 5% is a stellar return.

Z

zackryan28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, SS only collects actual prize money. It doesn't know who has RB and who doesn't. You need to realize that the SS of the world aren't the be-all and end-all of numbers too....

Guys playing that many games at breakeven aren't doing it for the fun of it.... they are actually very profitable.

Actual profit, especially if you can make supernova or SN Elite on stars can be 100K from bonuses alone.

Also, check out higher stakes. The higher the stakes the lower the ROI of the best players. I think at the $50 level for instance IIRC 5% is a stellar return.

Trust me, I completely understand that. Being a break even SNE is very profitable, but again, I am talking about multi tablers at the low stakes. If you are making 25% RB and you play 24 tables/hour with .50 rake at each, you are only making $3 an hour in rake. Is that really worth it? I mean, why not play 6 or 8 tables effectively, make profits, and move up to the next level? If you know your ICM and everything well enough to break even with that many tables, you should have a nice ROI% with less tables