a small confidence booster

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think this is the correct place to post this as it talks about mtts. i don't think it fits in 'poker goals, challenge, and wins' as it isn't any of those.

i lack a lot of confidence when it comes to micro-stakes mtts. i don't think my game is up to par with everyone else that plays the same limit. i knew i was doing ok because my bankroll was increasing, but it just didn't feel like it was enough. i needed a visual representation of how i was doing.

so, i graphed all my games since i started playing again in june. it does look like a lot of mtts played in ~35 days, but i counted every re-entry as their own mtt. i still average ~3.4 mtts/day, which is pretty accurate for how much volume i put in daily. ~1.10 average buy-in. i haven't tracked any other stats. i'll probably do that when after i've played at least 300 mtts.

i have to admit, i am quite surprised. i wasn't sure what i was expecting to see; i knew it would be an upward trend because my bankroll had increased, but didn't think it would turn out as well as it did. it is quite surprising how much a visual aid can help. i'm not going to let this get my head, though. i still don't think i'm great or anything when it comes to micro-stakes mtts, but maybe i do ok...? i don't know. it's still a pretty small sample size so i'm not to think too much into it but, who knows, maybe i'll have a bit more confidence in myself the next time i buy into a $1 mtt.

....maybe.

Attachments

• Screenshot (173).jpg
    Screenshot (173).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lacking confidence is something I can relate to. Looking at this chart you should be feeling really good though. Very nice work.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations, the graph is impressive, with great results

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think this is the correct place to post this as it talks about mtts. i don't think it fits in 'poker goals, challenge, and wins' as it isn't any of those.

i lack a lot of confidence when it comes to micro-stakes mtts. i don't think my game is up to par with everyone else that plays the same limit. i knew i was doing ok because my bankroll was increasing, but it just didn't feel like it was enough. i needed a visual representation of how i was doing.

so, i graphed all my games since i started playing again in june. it does look like a lot of mtts played in ~35 days, but i counted every re-entry as their own mtt. i still average ~3.4 mtts/day, which is pretty accurate for how much volume i put in daily. ~1.10 average buy-in. i haven't tracked any other stats. i'll probably do that when after i've played at least 300 mtts.

i have to admit, i am quite surprised. i wasn't sure what i was expecting to see; i knew it would be an upward trend because my bankroll had increased, but didn't think it would turn out as well as it did. it is quite surprising how much a visual aid can help. i'm not going to let this get my head, though. i still don't think i'm great or anything when it comes to micro-stakes mtts, but maybe i do ok...? i don't know. it's still a pretty small sample size so i'm not to think too much into it but, who knows, maybe i'll have a bit more confidence in myself the next time i buy into a $1 mtt.

....maybe.
Achieving success in poker requires purely objective thinking on the part of the player. You are simply obliged to evaluate each of your decisions rationally and impartially, to be moderately self-critical and at the same time open to new ideas. The ability to reasonably assess one's actions and develop one's play translates into confidence in decision-making, and confidence itself is a key component of winning psychology.In poker, you simply cannot succeed by ignoring your own mistakes. The first thing to do is acknowledge the flaws in your strategy and open your mind to new game concepts.Any truly successful professional poker player will tell you that the moment you realize that you know everything you need to be successful, it’s time to discover a new concept that will immerse you even more in the game model.