A Re-Introduction

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome back, Ryan. Can't wait to read some of your threads.

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve never had the chance to interact with a pro. I can’t wait to pick your brain! Don’t be afraid to tell me off if i forum stalk you... I’m a little star struck;)

G

Gnikace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience with us!

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So Stoked that you are here to give back to CardsChat! We're all looking forward to hear some great tips from a great tournament grinder like yourself! Cheers!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wont be able to play on Pokerstars, but can play on AmericasCardRoom/WinningPokerNetwork, so if there are any games on there will try to participate. :)

87 posts...you must be thrilled as pretty soon you might be able to join the Cardschat Freeroll Club....a great way to start building a bankroll ;)

My question, what makes you a way better then average live tournament player ?
I mean what specific qualities ?
Exceptionally good in math ? Great memory about hands played ? Good in reading physical tells ?

I ask this because I'm curious what it needs to evolve from an online tournament player into a good live tournament player.

Further on, what's your style in the beginning of a tournament when the blinds are low ?
Easy start, watching and looking for players' weaknesses, or bully because most likely the unknown opponents are "trying to survive the early rounds" amateurs anyways ?

Warm welcome and thank you very much for taking the time to at least try to teach us something which could lead into some progress in becoming better players.

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Re-Welcome to CardsChat :D
Glad to have you back around.
Also, a belated congrats on your first wsop bracelet. Very cool. :)

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
87 posts...you must be thrilled as pretty soon you might be able to join the Cardschat Freeroll Club....a great way to start building a bankroll ;)

My question, what makes you a way better then average live tournament player ?
I mean what specific qualities ?
Exceptionally good in math ? Great memory about hands played ? Good in reading physical tells ?

I ask this because I'm curious what it needs to evolve from an online tournament player into a good live tournament player.

Further on, what's your style in the beginning of a tournament when the blinds are low ?
Easy start, watching and looking for players' weaknesses, or bully because most likely the unknown opponents are "trying to survive the early rounds" amateurs anyways ?

Warm welcome and thank you very much for taking the time to at least try to teach us something which could lead into some progress in becoming better players.

My coaching experience and in depth theory knowledge of the game enables me to very quickly see how someone plays and how to maximally exploit vs them.

Ive always been a very math and game oriented person as well. That + lots of studying and lots of coaching.

Early stages of tournament is very similar to a cadh game. I tend to play lots of hands and use my stack more lkke a sledge hammer, mid and late stages i tread a bit more carefully.

Thanks, glad to be a part of CC!

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Re-Welcome to CardsChat :D
Glad to have you back around.
Also, a belated congrats on your first WSOP bracelet. Very cool. :)
Thanks!

It was incredible!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome back,Ryan:) Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on poker and happy your sharing your knowledge with us,,(already like the `sledge` comment)lol,see ya around,mate!:wavey:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome back,Ryan:) Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on poker and happy your sharing your knowledge with us,,(already like the `sledge` comment)lol,see ya around,mate!:wavey:

I knew you would like the sledge idea Terry. Guess you would enter a tournament room in an M1 Abrams tank if you were allowed :D

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My coaching experience and in depth theory knowledge of the game enables me to very quickly see how someone plays and how to maximally exploit vs them.

Ive always been a very math and game oriented person as well. That + lots of studying and lots of coaching.

Early stages of tournament is very similar to a cadh game. I tend to play lots of hands and use my stack more lkke a sledge hammer, mid and late stages i tread a bit more carefully.

Thanks, glad to be a part of CC!

Thanks for the explanation, which rises another question.
Assuming I'm a total noob, which I definitely am when it comes to live tournaments, could you specify "in depth theory knowledge" ?
In what does this theory differs from online ?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I knew you would like the sledge idea Terry. Guess you would enter a tournament room in an M1 Abrams tank if you were allowed :D
Don`t forget my suit of armor and bazooka! :ciao:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Hi Ryan, welcome back mate, look forward to your posts.

Lol at the BR and FRC comment Ron.

:top:

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s an honor to be part of a community with such an experienced Professional Poker Player.I hope you give us informations to reach high victorys like you reached.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 million!!!! [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]you rich

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have looked at some of the posts you have made recently and I appreciate that you are being helpful. Very nice.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone!

Im going to become a regular poster on the site.

While some of you may know who I am, I thought it'd be best if I introduced myself to those of you who don't.

My name is Ryan Laplante.

I am a 27 year old poker professional who lives in Las Vegas. I've been playing poker professionally for 8 years.

Over that time period Ive had more than $4 Million in lifetime earnings. I've been on 6 WSOP final tables, and won a bracelet last year in the great game of PLO!

Besides for playing the game, I love discussing and teaching the game! I've been fortunate to have been able to commentate for the WSOP (and many others!), and have been a coach for some of the biggest and best training sites (RunItOnce, CardRunners, FloatTheTurn).

I'll be posting in all parts of the site, but as tournaments are my bread and butter, I felt that this would be the best spot to say hello.

Thanks for reading and best of luck on the tables!
Hi Ryan! You r doing great connecting with pepople with less experience and understanding game .Its a good move.Are u teaching or couching for now and in what way u do this?
CC community is a good place to share and get very useful things in a poker sphere.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome Ryan always good to see class players around the forums I'd better start posting some more hands.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome Protential! Great to have you on the forum!

I am planning to play at the CardsChat event in Las Vegas this upcoming year. It seems you folks had such a blast I am going to have to attend in 2018.

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Welcome back Ryan.
It's awesome that you will be a regular poster here in this fabulous poker forum.
You are a great successful poker player and it's very nice that you want to share it with all of us .
As is I was not enough proud to be in such a wonderful community :)

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hi Ryan! It is an awesome occasion and opportunity to say you "Welcome back", lol!
Looking forward to some of your expert posts, and must say that CardsChat community is really the best in the world! All the time there are fantastic events and surprises for its members, and your comeback here is one of the most spectacular :top:

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the explanation, which rises another question.
Assuming I'm a total noob, which I definitely am when it comes to live tournaments, could you specify "in depth theory knowledge" ?
In what does this theory differs from online ?
Overall theory for live and online are the same.