Is this a cooler?

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is poker, there is nothing more to add here)

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure. There were many more hands higher than yours. And it's not like KQvsKJ or K10vsKJ.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t like your donk betting, you are out of position, and I would check in this kind of situation. With your betting you didn’t accomplish nothing. Your opponent called, and he could do that with anything in he’s hands, and on the river he raises you and that is really big thing, it’s sign of really big hand, that beats us. I know that when you have set it’s really hard to fold, but sometimes is what we need to do, and move to the next hand. My opinion is that this is not a cooler, it’s poorly played hand.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. Why you lead flop? I would play check / call three times

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coolers

I don’t like your donk betting, you are out of position, and I would check in this kind of situation. With your betting you didn’t accomplish nothing. Your opponent called, and he could do that with anything in he’s hands, and on the river he raises you and that is really big thing, it’s sign of really big hand, that beats us. I know that when you have set it’s really hard to fold, but sometimes is what we need to do, and move to the next hand. My opinion is that this is not a cooler, it’s poorly played hand.

Yes it was badly played and I guess I deserved the result, then I had a real cooler and to make it worse the villain chatted laughter after winning with 48Private Tournament #021022

attachment.php

Attachments

• mester176.jpg
    mester176.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 69
Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BB had you pegged for an A with your first bet after the flop. He had you at the turn and he knew it, but slow played, as you did. Your setup backfired. I personally would have checked post flop.

Cheers!

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why your post look like this with so much empty space.
And the hand - why nobody say nothing about a bit of a loose preflop call?
And yes donk lead was bad. Even the size of it was so small.
And yes i tohught a villain had AK or JT or somthing.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure if this would qualify as a cooler or just a bad series of plays on my part but it was tournament ending...ugh

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624RoEKeI

Preflop
Calling an UTG raise out of SB with K7s is way to loose. We should not be doing much cold calling at all from SB, and especially not against EP opens. Even a hand as good as KQs is actually kind of a dicy spot, because its still dominated by his range, and you are still out of position without even closing action.

Flop
You flop second pair on a very connected boart, where a straight is already possible. You lead out for 1BB, and this just makes no sense. You are never getting a better hand to fold, and your hand is not good enough to bet for value. So just check, as you should with your entire range in this situation.

Turn
You improved to trips, so in case BB called you on the flop with a weak AX hand, now you moved ahead. You decided to check, and I think, that is leaving money on the table. You can get value now from AX and gutshot draws, so I would bet around 50-60% pot.

River
Pretty much a brick, and now you clearly need to bet for value. However after checking back the turn, it looks like, he has a very marginal hand at best. So I dont like this full pot sizing. I would bet fairly small here like 40% pot trying to get that hero call from AX with a kicker, that dont play, or even JX.

You did get action on your full pot bet though, and he not only called, he raised and put you all in. And this frankly just sucks. You lose to boats, you lose to a straight, you lose to KQ, and you only chop against any other KX, because your kicker dont play. So if you make this call, you are essentially hoping, he is on some wild bluff. But this would be an absolutely insane line to take as a bluff, when he could just have taken a stab at the turn, after you checked to him.

You are not getting a very good price either getting only a bit better than 2:1. So if we pause for a second and think about, how the hand played out, and his likely range, this is actually a fairly clear fold. It sucks to make trips and then have to fold it, but he is clearly saying, that he has you beat. And basically this is why, we dont play K7. Because even when he hit strong, there are still many ways for us to lose this being one of them.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure if this would qualify as a cooler or just a bad series of plays on my part but it was tournament ending...ugh

There are a lot of combinations that beat your tripos of kings. He could have had a pocket pair and caught a fulhouse, then he could have been on a tight street . And third, he had a king with a bigger kicker than you. It was necessary to play more conservatively considering that this is the final , although I myself do not know if I would be able to throw off the trips of the kings in this case:)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You never know when you are being cheated in poker. You must beware of this outcome of the game. Here you could fold to fold after reraising.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it was badly played and I guess I deserved the result, then I had a real cooler and to make it worse the villain chatted laughter after winning with 48Private Tournament #021022

attachment.php

Well this is really bad cooler, but nothing you can do. Next time will be better.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

Let's be objective man :
You called a raise from an UTG player while you are OOP (SB) with a mediocre hand. Then you donk bet on a huge flop on which just that A beats you.
That was not even a bad beat, let alone a cooler. It was poorly played. Learn from it and move on.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No, that's no cooler at all. That's why bad beats happen with us when we start to play with this kind of hands. Should be easy fold from your side but you just decided to continue and tried to get the pot. Cannot blame you cause all of us has their own style to play and all of us are making mistakes all the time.

L

Lexand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a block bet on the flop is ok, but then on the river betting the pot after checking the turn I think it's really bad, villain will only call with a worse hand if he is too call station or if you are losing. And after his shove then, I think I could even fold, you are losing to several kings with better kickers than you.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a lot of talk about whether to protect the blinds... This is a good example... You could have made an easy fold, and with continue fighting.. But you chose a different path. I think when you called, you didn't have a chance to win against KQ.. This is obviously not the best preflop game.. :(

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not him. He has a good kicker.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think this hand could be considered a cooler since there are many hands that beat yours like q10, aces, tens, jacks, or any king with a better kicker, however i do think it was very unlucky for you that the last king of the deck comes on the turn.

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A three of a kind is a very difficult hand to detect when you have a pair in your hand, in that situation you had many outs that were winning you, all the K, there are full house and straight draws. Your call is complicated but not bad.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No it's not a cooler ))
I would not play this hand in this position at all, there is an easy fold.
Even if you have called a raise and caught a match on the flop, it is still a bad hand, because you have a weak kicker, there is an ace on the flop, the flop is coordinated.

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think you should call K7s preflop versus an open from UTG. Especially close to the bubble. In general you want to play very tight from SB, since you are always out of position postflop, and even when you flop big, it's hard to navigate in these spots as your example shows.

On the river I might have had found a fold as well, as we do not beat any value hands of our opponent. He could have flopped a straight, not to mention the fact that our trips has a bad kicker.

Anyways, I think that the main mistake was preflop. We should avoid getting in such spots in the first place

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is a typical online hand . 2 kings out of the deck yet the 2 remaining kings still come on the board . of course it happens in real life too no question lol . but no nearly as much as online . these are action flops / boards

which site was this ?

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well this is really bad cooler, but nothing you can do. Next time will be better.

I disagree that there's "nothing you can do" from this response above. If we forget for a second that it was the Big Blind that beat you, the UTG raise, if that player is not too splashy, is a hand that has range advantage against you. I'm folding that hand in the Small Blind almost 100% of the time.

But.....given you played the hand, I'd donk lead on the flop more than 1 Big Blind, because you're not really getting much information from a bet like that. I'd bet probably 25-35% pot, and if you get any callers behind, then I'm probably shutting down entirely. I like the check on the Turn, but your sizing on the River bet was a mistake.

You could bet about 35% pot there and fold to a big raise, or Check-Fold, though it sounds like your opponent is pretty loose based on what I read in the thread, so betting out on the River is going to tell you all you need to know better than Checking against them.

Based on your stack size, going into the River, you have just over 28bbs, a 35% pot bet is about 3.1bbs, leaving you with plenty behind to fold if villain's raising. The other thing to consider is with that sizing, they MAY just end up calling you only, and there's a chance you win the pot some of the time.

Effectively though, you want to try and avoid these awkward spots where you have a fairly strong hand, but given you're out of position, you're not doing terrific against their range. Then, what ends up happening is you're sometimes bluffed off a pot.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree that there's "nothing you can do" from this response above. If we forget for a second that it was the Big Blind that beat you, the UTG raise, if that player is not too splashy, is a hand that has range advantage against you. I'm folding that hand in the Small Blind almost 100% of the time.

But.....given you played the hand, I'd donk lead on the flop more than 1 Big Blind, because you're not really getting much information from a bet like that. I'd bet probably 25-35% pot, and if you get any callers behind, then I'm probably shutting down entirely. I like the check on the Turn, but your sizing on the River bet was a mistake.

You could bet about 35% pot there and fold to a big raise, or Check-Fold, though it sounds like your opponent is pretty loose based on what I read in the thread, so betting out on the River is going to tell you all you need to know better than Checking against them.

Based on your stack size, going into the River, you have just over 28bbs, a 35% pot bet is about 3.1bbs, leaving you with plenty behind to fold if villain's raising. The other thing to consider is with that sizing, they MAY just end up calling you only, and there's a chance you win the pot some of the time.

Effectively though, you want to try and avoid these awkward spots where you have a fairly strong hand, but given you're out of position, you're not doing terrific against their range. Then, what ends up happening is you're sometimes bluffed off a pot.

Well, maybe you should read other posts before coment. My coment was on he’s aces runin on 84.