6max sit n go finish distributions

L

leeroy818

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been looking at my database after about 660 sit n gos, trying to find areas to focus on to improve my win rate.

Something I noticed is that I have an almost perfectly equal distribution of the top 3 finishing positions. Am I right in thinking that, from a theoretical point of view, a more ideal distribution would be a higher frequency of 1st and 3rd place finishes?

I'm not exactly going to try and aim to alter this directly, but I guess some of my study focus should be towards bubble play, and trying to get to heads up with a more significant chip lead (and therefore busting out in 3rd place more often)?

As I try to improve this part of my game, I'd be interested to know what kind of distributions other players are achieving? If anyone has any useful resources for studying bubble play that would also be great!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the payout is 65/35, its actually the other way around, since you are rewarded for sacrifizing some wins for more second places. It is so close though, that it hardly matter. Also since some of the edge is found in heads-up and 3-handed play, you actually want to have most first places and least third places, since this is the sign, you are outplaying your opponents. Like say 120, 110 and 100 or something of that nature.