Total posts
Chips
Folds to HJ (14bb), raises 2.5x

Folds to BB (20bb), we wake up with two black 8s

What do we do here? All-In or Fold?

Peeling a flop here is not the right move in my opinion

We get it in and get snap called by QQs

Luckily we four card flush him on the river and the dream is alive

Was this the right play? Or do we call and play post flop?

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folds to HJ (14bb), raises 2.5x

Folds to BB (20bb), we wake up with two black 8s

What do we do here? All-In or Fold?

Peeling a flop here is not the right move in my opinion

We get it in and get snap called by QQs

Luckily we four card flush him on the river and the dream is alive

Was this the right play? Or do we call and play post flop?

Personally, I think a 3-bet would have sufficed because of fold equity. The 2.5BB raise by the HJ was a little bit on the small side. To be careful, I think it’s better to 3-bet and play it post-flop.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the whole 69/252 is just silly and nothing to pay attention to due to the fact that y

the whole 69/252 is just silly and nothing to pay attention to due to the fact that you're going to see a lot of position fluctuations as the mtt continues.

as played, this is a super easy 3bet jam with 88 and 14 bbs effective. hj could easily be opening with a wide range to steal and you have enough fold equity with a 3bet jam. since you're against the opponent's open/call jam range and not their open jam range, you have increased equity because players are calling off tighter than their opening range.

for example, if the opponent is opening with 27% of hands for 2.5 bbs in the hj, but only calling a jam with the top 8% of their range, then your jam as an 70% chance of getting your opponent to fold. and if you are called against an 8% range, you still have ~43% equity, which isn't a bad spot at all.

Last edited: