Hero (SB): 4,245
BB: 6,954
UTG+2: 5,005
MP1: 3,995
Preflop: Hero is SB with 6-6
6 folds, Hero raises to 90, BB calls 40

Flop: (142) 6c-8c-Tc suited (2 players)
Hero bets 90, BB raises to 180, Hero raises to 350, BB raises to 700,

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]What should I do?
Thx[/FONT]

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop raising. Lol. Firstly, blind v blind w/ a pocket pair, I wouldn't mind a bigger raise pre-flop. 50 chips is nothing for him to call with a very wide range of hands. On the flop, we have a very strong hand, but it is vulnerable. Villain could easily have us beat or just be playing aggressive with ATo w/ the Ace of Clubs. After he min-raises us, I think just calling is the right move. If we're behind, we have outs to a boat, and if we're ahead, on any non-club turn we can fire another bet and decide what to do if we are raised again.

Re-raising like you did on the flop just puts you in a very awkward spot. Villain is pretty much saying he has two pair, the nut flush draw with top pair, or a flopped flush. After he min-raises us a second time, we should start to be worried. Depending on his stats(if you know them), we can make a tight fold. But if we know the opponent to be aggressive, and bluff a lot, we have two choices: calling or shoving. Most likely he has a hand like AcTx, T8, or a vulnerable flush. I think our best bet though is to keep the pot small and decide what to do on later streets: if another club comes in, it's an easy fold. If we boat up, it's an easy call. And if the runout doesn't pair the board or bring in another club, we can check-call as long as our opponent doesn't show too much aggression, and we are getting the right odds.

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've come across almost the exact same scenario but with pocket 7's.. like SirYivx said.. it really depends on your how you feel about your opponent .. bluffly? aggressive? It would almost seem to be an obvious fold. but had it been me in your situation, I would have made one last final call to see if the board paired up since all that $ has been put in and the pot is so big.. then check the turn and fold to any more bets. Unless the board pair's..