.55 turbos

S

Seltz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing a lot of .55 turbos and I have steadily been getting better at cashing in them. I am having trouble playing more than one table at once but I am still earning money. I am also getting better at using the bubble to gain chips, but I am having trouble playing against the people that are Uber aggressive. Anyone have any tips?

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At such a limit against super agro, it is better to play tight. Often, when the right hand comes, all previous costs will pay off. At the postflop, you should also not bluff a lot against maniacs. Limit 0.5 is easy to beat while playing nit.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you decide to play against someone aggressive you must have a game if you do not avoid it and try to play with a position so that you can control the pot.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most suggestions about playing the super aggressive players tend to talk about biding your time till a premium hand comes along so you can trap them. That advice is sound but it can take some time before that hand comes along. If you find frustration is setting in you might find yourself playing a less than premium hand. I see this type of play a lot in the small stake games. My advice is to never forget position. If you find yourself thinking it's time to play back against the annoying LAG just remember if you're out of position you may face a re-raise and a fold or shove situation pre flop for all your chips.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing a lot of .55 turbos and I have steadily been getting better at cashing in them. I am having trouble playing more than one table at once but I am still earning money. I am also getting better at using the bubble to gain chips, but I am having trouble playing against the people that are Uber aggressive. Anyone have any tips?

Start playing 8-12 tables of freerolls or playmoney chips at the same time, you will find it really difficult at start, but keep doing it for a month or two. When you'll get used to playing 12 tables of playmoney, step down to 6 tables and start playing your .55cents at 6 tables.

You will find it really boring. Since you've played 12 tables for long time, and now you're playing only 6. Your mind and reaction speed will adopt to 12, so while playing 6 tables you will also have time to read news, watch videos, write posts or do some sort of job.

As for the agro-monkeys, just wait till you're in the money, then call their late position all-in bluffs with little bit wider range, like A7s, KQ, any pair... I'm adjusting my spectre against donks. But anyway, keep in mind your stack in BBs, players left till the money and value of your actions.
Lots of players are using popular GTO system, and they're focused on your mistakes, and in general they're playing monster hands with small preflop bets, and weak hands with huge preflop
raises or all-ins, so when you spot one GTO donk who pushes all-in quite often, then the worst thing to do is to wait for premium hand to call him, you can call with any hand which is ahead of the donks spektre. K5os is often a good hand vs GTO player who pushes all-in to steal the blinds, cause quite often he has something like 67s. Don't call a pre-flop raise of GTO player who was pushing all-in several times, and now he's betting 3bb to see the flop, let's say your hand is AJs, and stack is 17bb, it's better to fold against him, cause right now he has a monster hand and he wants more value for this hand than just collecting blinds with pre-flop all-in.

I have one good advice for your poker career. Go out and feed the pigeons, you need to find a place where you can feed like 50-60 birds at the same time. Now practice your attention using these birds and piece of bred. Can you focus on 5 birds, 10? all 50 maybe? Can you spot the differences? Can you count all male and female birds? Can you give each bird unique name? Can you find unique characteristics for each name? If you will practice your attention with such simple methods then poker will become much more simple for you, especially multitabling. Also you'll be practicing your memory, cause when the bred is over, and you're on your way home, you have to wipe out all the unnecessary information about the birds out of your memory, but when you'll come again, try to bring back the previously used observations down from your memory.
Good Luck.