4 straight cards on the flop

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
I'm curious what you do in the situation when you have 4 cards in straight after the flop, for example:
your hand: 56
flop: 78K
How do you play those cards in different stages of the tournament and with different stacks?
For me it's always very hard decision...

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On ranih stages if was a raise I fold, late stages i bluffing, raising 2бб 3бб polovina or Bank showing that I defend the hand from a streets. Often, the opponents in the later stages of the game afraid to lose a lot of chips and rarely bluffing. portraying strong hands are monsters , sometimes justified

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any hand where you have 8 outs to the nuts is a good hand to bluff so in your situation, if you had 9,10 that would be a better hand to bluff with than your 5,6. But I am bluffing these hands often where there is not much action in the hand so far.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's pretty bad hand. Even if you hit 9 you can't be sure that you have the nuts. I would bluff or check/fold it, depending on stacks.

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is tricky. I wouldn't raise or follow all in. With those cards, even if you get 9, you would have the lower straight. There is always a chance that the opponent has stronger (higher) straight.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have 8 outs to straight and 6 outs to make pair. if you have 1 opponent and he is with ak you are good. check number of opponents their preflop play and pot odds :)

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
I'm curious what you do in the situation when you have 4 cards in straight after the flop, for example:
your hand: 56
flop: 78K
How do you play those cards in different stages of the tournament and with different stacks?
For me it's always very hard decision...
Open straight-draw is a nice post-flop hand to show agression against tightly players, you can bluff till the river with reasonable bets, but you must be carefull if you see that someone of opponents shows power of his hand, there can be Set and such hand wouldn't be folded.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have 8 outs or 16 per cent to make your hand to the turn and 30 percent to the river

Z

zVitaliKz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Check Flood. One I play on the board?
Whom do not you read all are bluffing

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The lower straight draw and the top straight draw are far from the same. On the flop (having 4 cards out of 5) you need to raise if there were no bets or call if there was a raise, if the turn was empty for you, better not Play aggressively so as not to get reraised or all in in the hope of a river!

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont play online poker

and why not? just because he doesn't use the terminology? I don't give a lot of credit to those poker books and strategies. It's a big industry with a lot of followers. Strategies is a plus and not a must and will not help you with the aleatory cards dealers, software.
This is my point of view.

Good luck at tables!!!

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At you bilateral street-dro. In this situation we have 8 misses - four 4 and four 9. You need to play quietly, just the check - a stake if the street is closed, you will collect "candy".

SeregaBear

SeregaBear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Despite how many players in the game. If I throw off a lot and depends on the size of the bet.

S

sierra reed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call a raise on that, a small raise, but for me it depends on how the flop was suited if it seems like someone else can have a flush out of it, i fold.