3$ Bankroll

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I got 0.50$ on PS (freeroll leaderboard #1089) and I managed to turn them into 3$. I played one ring game and took 2nd place, I played 2 sattelites (I won one of them but i didn't get into the money in main tournament) then I played Spin'n'Go and I won most of them. I'm thinking to try cash games (maybe easier to double up there) but I never played cash games. What do u think guys, try cash or keep 0.25 spin'n'go? I want to hit 10$.

If you want to actually consistently win with your $3 and you cannot top up/ play freerolls to get back up then your best bet is to play $0.02 hyper SnGs. You can have really huge edge in them and 150 buyins is actually quite reasonable. I think that if you were to play those for a long time and you have any knowledge at all of the game you would win fast.

However, if you don't want to do that (which I could understand) then I would recommend $0.25 regular speed STTs. They take a while and have a good structure so you should be able to get to $10 fairly fast without too much luck needed.

If you really want to punt then just play cash or spins or whatever. It doesn't really matter. Either way you're just putting your winnings down to luck if you use <10 buyins for anything.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls, Freerolls and Freerolls again befor you reach your stack to 100$ at least. Just then you can calmly play at the cash games, even so on the microlimits 0.01-0.02$.

That seems a bit strict :p you can play things like $0.10 turbos or $0.25 reg speed STTs way before then.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3$ bankroll is really nothing for cash games, even for NL2.
Honestly it's barely enough for playing 10c SnGs, as you have then 30 Buy-ins. But it's not enough for 10c MTTs. So keep playing freerolls and 10c SnGs. And wait an opportunity to increase your bankroll first. And forget about cash games till it grows to 500blinds as minimum at least, which is 10$. Then you could try urself at NL2. But if it's down to 5$ again, you gotta come back to your cheap SNGs and freerolls. Bankroll management is very important, believe me! Otherwise it can happen, that you have no money for poker and have to deposit or quit poker.

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I earn 200$ from 0, but then lost it when start play by big buy ins.

ah that must be annoying after all that effort...
How long did it take you to get to $200?
Are you building up against from 0 again now?

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have only one month while I'm registered on CC forum, do I have chance to join CC Club if I have 75 quality posts?

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sngs are a good option with a micro roll like that...sure...
also maybe 1/2c limit games could be an option worth trying.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If I have only one month while I'm registered on CC forum, do I have chance to join CC Club if I have 75 quality posts?

You joined cardschat as I see in your info tab 21st of February 2017 , after one month and when you have more than 75 posts [if I were you I would wait until I reach 100+ to be sure] . You will go to the sign-up thread and after 2-3 weeks you may be qualified to the Freeroll club. So in the best case scenario you will need approx 2 month to participate in CC's freeroll.

Keep posting and creating threads and the time will pass. After that you will have many chances to build up you bankroll!!!

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That seems a bit strict :p you can play things like $0.10 turbos or $0.25 reg speed STTs way before then.
Absolutely right. But your game will be significantly quieter and more relaxed if you have a reserve of bankroll behind your back. 3$ can easily disappear in the same 0.10 S&G, even with the citations of your attraction in prizes, after all the rewards are not so great there, and constantly fall into the top three sits with higher prizes will not always work out.

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I have some news about my baby bankroll.

First, my bankroll on pokerstars is busted, I kept playing 0.25 spin'n'go. What I have to mention here is that one day I played really more games than I planned to play, I lost more than 2 games then I got mad and lost everything.

But I have good news too, I got 7$ from a freeroll on tigergaming and for few days I was thinking "to try or not to try cash games?". Finally I decided that I have to try, these 7$ means nothing to me so the best thing I can do is to invest into something to gain more experience, bad or good. I entered a table with 0.01/0.02 blinds and after 5 minutes of playing I got +1$ more, easiest money in my life!

Fratchen

Fratchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the cheapest Sit'n'Go's. Don't put your money in Spin'n'Go's. You can go broke to fast on this.

A

Alex12122312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Experience has taught me that in Spin & Go with a small bankroll it is better not to play.((

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update: I'm on 9.57$ now.
I lost 2.30$ in one session btw...
1 Freeroll ITM for 1$
------------------------
Also If it is possible could some of the mods move this thread in that subforum where ppl post their challenges/progress? Thanks in advance!

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would advise playing cash games

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because you won with the spin&go I think it would be wise to remain in this category. You don't have a bankroll that would probyvat other disciplines. And why do something different if it brings you money, maybe you are lucky and you get the maximum multiplier)))

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can also make the game free win and go into cash games there and give them everything
as well play their tournaments slowly but is likely to win
otherwise you will lose everything if you have no luck

jarre1977

jarre1977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, it would be a better option to sit & go, because I have this shell succumbed to the cash game games too early. They but loses too quickly and too much.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The cache of the game is evil))) especially ZOOM there are some bad beats and cooler. Your bank is very fast, so do not play, learn, raise the bank, the main thing is to take your time and avoid mistakes and I think you will succeed.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is good, but you should be careful to play to increase the bank

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is good, but you should be careful to play to increase the bank

Thanks man, I have a feeling that you are the only one who read all my replies to the very first post. People just read first post and don't read other replies, I guess I have to edit the first post to update my progress but I can't edit it anymore :(

A

alexandro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill tell you my story... I didn't think much of it i won a tourney .55 when to the 0.01 and lost it all in one hand. it was rough to make it and to loose it in 1 hand after a long tournament.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management