$22 Micromillion

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just won a satellite to play the Micromillions Main Event and I'm super excited about it. I usually play really low stakes (0,55) and I wonder how different the playability must be in this main event. Do you guys have any tips, how should I prepare, etc?

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I just won a satellite to play the Micromillions Main Event and I'm super excited about it. I usually play really low stakes (0,55) and I wonder how different the playability must be in this main event. Do you guys have any tips, how should I prepare, etc?

hi.
if you sit and are afraid to play waiting for premium hands, the blinds will eat your chips. but on the other hand, they play very widely, so be careful.
the advice is of course very banal, but this is a personal experience.:eek:
good luck at the tables!:)

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Play your normal game there will be any playing who have sattied in just like you.

Good luck!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are (realistically) not going to be among the best players at your table, it can sometimes be a good idea to take lines, which keep your decisions as simple as possible. Like maybe open jamming preflop with a 17BB stack rather than going for a min-raise and possibly get outplayed after the flop. Or fold some marginal hand like 55 or JTs from early position, even though some chart might say its an open. Other than that just play solid and sound poker and enjoy the experience. And maybe most important of all be well rested and have snacks and drinks available, since its going to be a marathon, if you make a deep run :)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a good and promising tournament. I believe that the best preparation is a good night's sleep, so I recommend you get a good night's sleep before this tournament, because this tournament can last a very long time. During the game, just try to be patient and disciplined, and then you have a chance to win some money. Good luck.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I also satellited into this main event and not being my first rodeo, I will play my usual game, Just think of it as any other game you play because even if it is a $22.00 buy-in it has cost you nothing if you sattied in from a free-roll.
Nothing ventured, Nothing gained, Nothing lost, Enjoy the moment

When the fun stops, STOP!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congratulations for having succeeded in qualifying for this tournament thanks to a staellite. you have to play normally and avoid thinking too much about money. you have to show rigor and discipline and visualize your goal and the best strategy to adopt to get there during the game. personally what bothers me about this tournament is that everyone can rebuy several times. I wish you good luck and hope you will make a big profit.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats!

Don't be intimidated; there will be lots of casual players in a large field tourney like this and players who make significant mistakes. Just play tight-aggressive early and look to get paid off with aggressive value betting when you connect. Then open up as the blinds get higher.

You'll do great. Let us know how it goes!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally what bothers me about this tournament is that everyone can rebuy several times.

Without those unlimited re-entries it would not be possible to promise a million dollar price pool for a 22$ tournament. If unlimited re-entries are not your thing, you can play the 25$ "classic" on 888 Poker. It has a price pool of 1.000 dollars.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow nice am still trying for one of them myself
E999A04F 8F25 410C 93C1 6F529E7F45B6

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sattied in as well by the $2.85 sit and go shootout. You can continue to play this after winning a seat so you can win T$ for your reentries. Play the game you are comfortable with and youll do fine.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to play your game, at such limits the game is very aggressive.Players who have no problems with their bankroll play at such limits, so it will not be difficult for them to re-enter.Limits below $11 there the game is tight, and games with $11 -55 the game is much more aggressive.See you at this tournament if I don't forget about it. Good luck!

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, congratulations! I wish you good luck in this tournament! I think you should wait for a good hand, try not to take risks, be focused, but relaxed and rested. Watch the video of how regulars play at these limits.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament, you will encounter many more $ 0.55 level players.
But it's worth playing tighter, especially since you haven't played in a tournament like this before.
In any case, I wish you perseverance and much success.

Good luck. :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Don't worry, I know for sure there will be a lot of fish in this tournament !!! My best result in this tournament - 494 out of 55524 players and 233 dollars in winnings - that's all that I managed in this tournament !!! Good luck !!!

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good job,

I would use the resources available on this website to polish your preflop game up. Besides that take advantage of position and win it all. Good luck

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think you are more comfortable playing in low buyins , (0.55 - 1.10, etc) and you tend to play more better in those ranges , maybe you should try and think of that $22 dollar ticket is worth $0.22, just to get that weight off your chest.. so you get to be comfortable with your play.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play your game. Not all players are good at that level. Also try to avoid spots that can potentialy bring up tough decisions

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't be intimidated; there will be lots of casual players in a large field tourney like this and players who make significant mistakes.

That is probably true, and I might actually give this a try just for the experience. My main problem with tournaments like this one is, that it begins at 7pm in my time zone, and since day 1 runs for 8 hours, that is until 3am in the morning. This leaves me in a situation, where if I make it into the money, then at some point I will almost be hoping to bust, so that I can go to sleep. Which is of course not exactly ideal. But then again this is almost like a Sunday Million for 20% of the price, and its only once a year :)