1500 Starting Stack MTT

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The strategy for these tournaments is simple just wait for big hands and play them aggressively. You can call small pairs and suited connectors in late position but remember you are looking for set mining and straights with these hands. You dont need to do anything creative at early stages. Just bet your strong hands and dont even think of bluffing as you will find people calling bets with small and middle pairs.

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the first stage of the tournament you have to be a tight player, but better - "rock". You should not worry that you fold hand after hand - you take on your next steps. But to lose most of the chips at the beginning - a very serious loss. Therefore, the general advice is: Point Guard TT-AA + AKs. If you are in the first position, you can generally limit aces and kings.
Good advise if you want to get short stacked and either have to gamble your short stack or get blinded out .

1500 tornaments are usually turbo s and before you know it 30 min later your short stacked.
faster the blind levels = faster you must play , you simply cant afford to wait for AA KK.
See as many flops as possible in late position (cheap) , hit a good flop and double up your stack from a fish who cant get away from TP.
Steal from BTN almost 100% when first in .
Tighten up your range against maniacs , steal from rocks , don't bluff fish/calling stations , value bet the donks.
ABC Poker for the most part.

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In early stage play tight ak tt+ take the time to see how your opponent play...
take your time ? you have no time, in 30 min you will be short stacked and the donks will take each other out and the smart players will take them out . Waiting for premium is not an option if you want to cash regulary.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You never want to go out early so play methodically tight and get some stats on your opponents

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
building a chip stack early doesnt mean anything in these tournaments wait for your spot and push for the most value possible. if your table isnt to aggressive use your position to steal and few blinds to keep you in the game till ur cards come around
means a lot . you put yourself in a position to win .
As the torney gets deeper , your big chip stack allows you to call down desperate short stacks without risking your tornament life , gives you moves otherwise not available with short stack , and allows for loosing a flip without getting knocked out.

J

jimmylytle2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have over 1000 chips, I will play only premium hands, AA, KK, QQ unless I am a small or big blind. After I am under 1000 chips, I know I do not have much of a chance of making the money, so I will open up to playing any two face cards or any suited cards.