0.50 vs 1.50 PS turbo SNG's

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been grinding out 0.50 STT Turbo SNG's on pokerstars for the past month. Last week my BR finally allowed me to take shots at the higher buy in. I was expecting a significant increase in skill level as most people mentioned that skill increases as stakes increase, but this didn't happen. If anything I seem to encounter a lot more fish, more recreational players, and way less multi-tabling grinders.

Is it common for the lowest buy-in level at a given game to have tougher games? Maybe I've just gotten lucky with my games. Either way let me know if you've had similar experiences as me!

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, tried something like this also in the past and what i learned from it is that 1.5 is still nothing for most people so its totally normal to have alot of fishes in them maybe up to $100. Anyway imagine you can only deposit $20, you make a plan to grind $0.5 till you have a high enough banroll to move up (like you did) but you get bored of playing them and just start playing 1.5, you are bored there too and just start losing all of it. So at 1.5 is easier to win

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been grinding out 0.50 STT Turbo SNG's on Pokerstars for the past month. Last week my BR finally allowed me to take shots at the higher buy in. I was expecting a significant increase in skill level as most people mentioned that skill increases as stakes increase, but this didn't happen. If anything I seem to encounter a lot more fish, more recreational players, and way less multi-tabling grinders.

Is it common for the lowest buy-in level at a given game to have tougher games? Maybe I've just gotten lucky with my games. Either way let me know if you've had similar experiences as me!

I am currently playing 1.5$ STT 6-max regulars, and I got the money in 4/5. and that one time I lost the guy hit a 3 outer on me. Still it is way too small a sample size for a definitive answer.
Anyways, the significant difference is already at 3.5$ which I played a lot. I already have several notes on players. It is still rather easy to get ITM in those too. However, you need to be a bit more patient, and also observent, because from time to time people will try some crazy stuff and make weird bets both for value and bluff.
To sum it up: 3.5$ is a difference as oppose to lower limits, but still not a huge one. 1.5$, from my experience so far is pretty easy.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
From what I have seen the difference is small until you get to the $5.00 games. At that point you will still see a lot of fish but some good regulars as well. Once you get to the $10.00 level than you start to see the better players constantly. This being said it has been several years since I could play there so things have probably changed but I doubt that much at the lowest levels. Best of luck to you.

M

Moonman610

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
response

I've been grinding out 0.50 STT Turbo SNG's on Pokerstars for the past month. Last week my BR finally allowed me to take shots at the higher buy in. I was expecting a significant increase in skill level as most people mentioned that skill increases as stakes increase, but this didn't happen. If anything I seem to encounter a lot more fish, more recreational players, and way less multi-tabling grinders.

Ive always found that people tend to take the same approach to playing the game until they educate themselves about the game up and down....
Just playing cards has never been enough to be a good poker player....
Its genera;;y only students of the game or real live grinders that are able to make a living or continually be successful... Its not necc, just about game ability... its about Learning Continually... Fish will always be there.... even in the wsop sometimes....

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you're much better player than you thought, if I was better at 1.50 sng cough.
Although the difference is not much, some say from SNG or tournaments 7, $ 10, is a significant difference in the level of players, hopefully soon you can reach those levels, and tell us that it going, gl.

Last edited: