I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ended up playing very badly to try to extract it, it's not usual

Poker Hand #26731310: Tournament #679461, Milky Way ₮500 GTD Hold'em No Limit (300/600 ante 60 play) 2022/03/03 22:13:40 GMT
Table '2' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Pendan (24335 in chips)
Seat 2: Greenman (26240 in chips)
Seat 3: FintUshami (19960 in chips)
Seat 4: kidjokers (40730 in chips)
Seat 5: IamLolaMento (15640 in chips)
Seat 6: 1MilhaoSemNada (40193 in chips)
Pendan: posts the ante 60
Greenman: posts the ante 60
FintUshami: posts the ante 60
kidjokers: posts the ante 60
IamLolaMento: posts the ante 60
1MilhaoSemNada: posts the ante 60
kidjokers: posts small blind 300
IamLolaMento: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
1MilhaoSemNada: raises 900 to 1500
Pendan: folds
Greenman: folds
FintUshami: folds
kidjokers: calls 1200
IamLolaMento: calls 900
*** FLOP *** [6d Td 9d]
kidjokers: checks
IamLolaMento: checks
1MilhaoSemNada: bets 1775
kidjokers: raises 1825 to 3600
IamLolaMento: calls 3600
1MilhaoSemNada: calls 1825
*** TURN *** [6d Td 9d] [4s]
kidjokers: bets 7830
IamLolaMento: calls 7830
1MilhaoSemNada: calls 7830
*** RIVER *** [6d Td 9d 4s] [Jh]
kidjokers: bets 27740 and is all-in
IamLolaMento: calls 2650 and is all-in
1MilhaoSemNada: calls 27203 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (537) returned to kidjokers
*** SHOW DOWN ***
kidjokers: shows [Kh Qh] (a straight, King high)
1MilhaoSemNada: shows [9s 9c] (three of kind, Nines)
kidjokers collected 49106 from side-pot 1
IamLolaMento: shows [5d Kd] (a flush, King high)
IamLolaMento collected 47100 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 96206 | CC 0
Board [ 6d Td 9d 4s Jh ]
Game ended: 2022/03/03 22:15:05 GMT
Seat 1: Pendan folded before Flop
Seat 2: Greenman folded before Flop
Seat 3: FintUshami (button) folded before Flop
Seat 4: kidjokers (small blind) showed [Kh Qh] and won (49106) with a straight, King high
Seat 5: IamLolaMento (big blind) showed [5d Kd] and won (47100) with a flush, King high
Seat 6: 1MilhaoSemNada showed [9s 9c]
*** RNG ***
phrase: RNG to use to compose the random
cards: (6d) (Td) (9d) (4s) (Jh) 6h 7s Kc Ah 3c Ts 3d 8h 3h 9h 6s 5h Th Js Jc Qc Jd Ks 3s 6c 8c Ac 8d 7d 2d 2s Qd 7h Ad 2h 7c XX XX XX XX
player_cards: 5 9s 9c

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sorry I converted to forum code but it didn't work...

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice! when I post hands that I think I was wrong and could learn something, no one comments. Then I put a hand on the bad beats tab, 100 appear wanting to evaluate the hand

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ended up playing very badly to try to extract it, it's not usual

1MilhaoSemNada: raises 900 to 1500
Pendan: folds
Greenman: folds
FintUshami: folds
kidjokers: calls 1200
IamLolaMento: calls 900
*** FLOP *** [6d Td 9d]
kidjokers: checks
IamLolaMento: checks
1MilhaoSemNada: bets 1775
kidjokers: raises 1825 to 3600
IamLolaMento: calls 3600
1MilhaoSemNada: calls 1825
*** TURN *** [6d Td 9d] 4♠
kidjokers: bets 7830
IamLolaMento: calls 7830
1MilhaoSemNada: calls 7830
*** RIVER *** [6d Td 9d 4s] J♥
kidjokers: bets 27740 and is all-in
IamLolaMento: calls 2650 and is all-in
1MilhaoSemNada: calls 27203 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (537) returned to kidjokers
*** SHOW DOWN ***
kidjokers: shows [Kh Qh] (a straight, King high)
1MilhaoSemNada: shows [9s 9c] (three of kind, Nines)
kidjokers collected 49106 from side-pot 1
IamLolaMento: shows [5d Kd] (a flush, King high)
IamLolaMento collected 47100 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 96206 | CC 0
Board [ 6d Td 9d 4s Jh ]

Thank you for posting

This is just an example of folding a set on the river when 2 players are saying they have better than a set. If you count all the possible flush combos the V can have then we can fold river. We want to preserve our stack vs players this weak. It is true one player was moron bluffing and sucked out but the other had the flush.

Hope this helps
:):)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is just an example of folding a set on the river when 2 players are saying they have better than a set. If you count all the possible flush combos the V can have then we can fold river. We want to preserve our stack vs players this weak. It is true one player was moron bluffing and sucked out but the other had the flush.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the answer, but don't you think the mistake was in the previous streets? I should have reacted for protection I guess... but I ended up flatting to control the pot. however I controlled the pot but I didn't give up the river , so I shouldn't have controlled it

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hope this helps

Thanks for the answer, but don't you think the mistake was in the previous streets? I should have reacted for protection I guess... but I ended up flatting to control the pot. however I controlled the pot but I didn't give up the river , so I shouldn't have controlled it

Thank you for responding.

These are very good questions to ask to get to the next level of skill. Well done.

Off table when you review hands try to create a data point list like I did below, it will help you to better understand your V's actions based on board interaction.

First we look at all the data we have for this situation.
1 coin poker loose weak players.
2 we have a strong but far from the nuts hand right now-count the number of flush combos possible in this spot
3 we have 2 players not 1 willing to continue
4 Villain BB cold called a XR on a monotone board with you left to act. Monster strength signal or just plain awful player.
5 The nuts is 87dd and can easily be in the blinds calling range.
6 As is common in these game types we have a loose aggressive trying to steal and another player calling down with the 3rd nuts.

Ok as to your question pot control or protect?

As played you were not pot controlling after you called the XR what you were doing is drawing to a full house as we saw here the BB had us beat. Pot controlling assumes we are in control of the action not the case in these game types most often when we get XR and go multiway.
When this action occurs in these game types with multiple players if we assume most often someone has a flush we will not be making much of an ROI error.

That said we then draw to the full house and fold the river when we miss and both players are all-in.
This is based on the player data in these game types and the actions of this player type on this board.

Why draw not fold? A small % of the time we have the best hand and we can improve to the best hand and we are in position. That % is low though so we do not want to build a big pot here.
Your not folding the river was based on you over valueing your hand vs the value of your chips. It is the desire to win this hand now we want to avoid that emotional reaction. A big part of that is not having the correct plan based on the flop action. If you create a data list of player tendencies you will not overcall very frequently in these games.
Yes we might incorrectly fold, However vs weak players stack preservation is more important than hero calling this spot.

While it is true that you would have lost less if the KQ folded to your flop aggression you still would have lost less than that had you folded river.

Ohhh I almost forgot check the flop to pot control in these games is the best action here. Think of all the flush combos these players love to call with and if we fill up on turn what flush is folding? Same value when we are winning way less cost when we are behind.

Hope this helps.
:):):)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

These are very good questions to ask to get to the next level of skill. Well done.

Off table when you review hands try to create a data point list like I did below, it will help you to better understand your V's actions based on board interaction.

First we look at all the data we have for this situation.
1 coin poker loose weak players.
2 we have a strong but far from the nuts hand right now-count the number of flush combos possible in this spot
3 we have 2 players not 1 willing to continue
4 Villain BB cold called a XR on a monotone board with you left to act. Monster strength signal or just plain awful player.
5 The nuts is 87dd and can easily be in the blinds calling range.
6 As is common in these game types we have a loose aggressive trying to steal and another player calling down with the 3rd nuts.

Ok as to your question pot control or protect?

As played you were not pot controlling after you called the XR what you were doing is drawing to a full house as we saw here the BB had us beat. Pot controlling assumes we are in control of the action not the case in these game types most often when we get XR and go multiway.
When this action occurs in these game types with multiple players if we assume most often someone has a flush we will not be making much of an ROI error.

That said we then draw to the full house and fold the river when we miss and both players are all-in.
This is based on the player data in these game types and the actions of this player type on this board.

Why draw not fold? A small % of the time we have the best hand and we can improve to the best hand and we are in position. That % is low though so we do not want to build a big pot here.
Your not folding the river was based on you over valueing your hand vs the value of your chips. It is the desire to win this hand now we want to avoid that emotional reaction. A big part of that is not having the correct plan based on the flop action. If you create a data list of player tendencies you will not overcall very frequently in these games.
Yes we might incorrectly fold, However vs weak players stack preservation is more important than hero calling this spot.

While it is true that you would have lost less if the KQ folded to your flop aggression you still would have lost less than that had you folded river.

Ohhh I almost forgot check the flop to pot control in these games is the best action here. Think of all the flush combos these players love to call with and if we fill up on turn what flush is folding? Same value when we are winning way less cost when we are behind.

Hope this helps.
:):):)

Yes, perfect . it helped a lot! in terms of the emotional part on the river I would say it was more like pot committed, actually I wasn't committed but they had a lot of chips in the pot.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, perfect . it helped a lot! in terms of the emotional part on the river I would say it was more like pot committed, actually I wasn't committed but they had a lot of chips in the pot.

Pot committed occurs when our V are balanced and can be bluffing and betting for thin value.
In these game types vs 2 V the frequency of both going all in and no flush is very low.

If your game type is different you want to make a note of frequency not just that it happens but how often.
If you do the math of the river call what % of the time do you have to beat 2 V to make this call correct? Is it 33% 25% etc? If the number is high how likely are 2V playing like this 33% of the time with worse hands?

Head up you could argue pot committed -3 way we can fold and preserve our chips.
In poker tournaments we over fold because chips are bullets not $ until we make the money.

Your statement above- not committed but lots of chips- is an emotional reasoning statement. The number of chips does not matter it is the % of times we can win them that matters. If the pot offers us 10-1 but we win the pot 0% of the time we are not pot committed we need to win 10% of the time to make the call break even. That frequency win % not size of pot is what we act on.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Pot committed occurs when our V are balanced and can be bluffing and betting for thin value.
In these game types vs 2 V the frequency of both going all in and no flush is very low.

If your game type is different you want to make a note of frequency not just that it happens but how often.
If you do the math of the river call what % of the time do you have to beat 2 V to make this call correct? Is it 33% 25% etc? If the number is high how likely are 2V playing like this 33% of the time with worse hands?

Head up you could argue pot committed -3 way we can fold and preserve our chips.
In poker tournaments we over fold because chips are bullets not $ until we make the money.

Your statement above- not committed but lots of chips- is an emotional reasoning statement. The number of chips does not matter it is the % of times we can win them that matters. If the pot offers us 10-1 but we win the pot 0% of the time we are not pot committed we need to win 10% of the time to make the call break even. That frequency win % not size of pot is what we act on.

Hope this helps

yea! you are good man!
:)