$5.50 NLHE MTT: $5.50 NLHE : $5.50 NLHE : 4 bet REKT

6bet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/224BXFCmc

Got sticky with a 4 bet bluff that flopped ok. I figured with Ace blocker and two FDs out there villain could be protection betting a big pair so I ripped the turn. Not sure if I can get away from this hand. Would anyone call turn instead and if so what rivers are you folding?

Thx:confused:

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello 6bet, I think that you shoulded to fold the 3 bet and you shouldn't have opened with those cards.

A3 suit, is not a good hand to fight for it, not in the early tourny with too much blinds and taking unnecesary risk that could take you out of the tourny.
A is a good card, but 3 is worst kicker to play with that A to open raise, you were in a bad position to make this move, UTG (under the gun) is to open raise with more power hand, monsters pairs, like AA, KK, QQ, in this stage of the tourny.
I think that your open raise since that position with that cards was wrong, you shoulded to fold that hand when 3 bet and never 4 bet there.
I dont have too much info about the tourny, that is important to take dicisions and talk about one hand like the dinamic of the tourny, 6 players table, bounty tourny, turbo or more fast? kind of players of the opponent, etc
I hope to have helped you some about your question, good luck! :)

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the issue here is preflop. Normally your hand would be a clear fold to a 3-bet, because its right at the bottom of your range, but since he made it undersized, I would probably have called. 4-bet bluffing is very optimistic though, and given what he called you with, and also his sizing mistake, this was clearly a recreational player (fish). So you broke the most important rule of all in poker, which is to never try to bluff a fish. As played I dont think, you can do anything different postflop.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you can 4bet bluff with such suited aces but you should have notes on your opponent on such specific situations.While your opp is loose and passive you should try to call more and play your hand as perfect as you can/ But in general I will suggest not to try to be in such situations vs such type of players. Do notes while playong it will help you to avoid such traps.

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With position here, you should probably just be flatting the 3bet. 4betting puts you at a very awkward stack to pot ratio. We aren't likely getting paid postflop by pairs when an ace hits unless the hit a set, and against any ace we are drawing to 3 outs.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know others are instructing upon the fold preflop and I agree just fine with that EXCEPT to be balanced we need to have some 4bet bluffs in our range and not only 4bet nutted hands. So for me, I don't mind the 4bet in this spot in particular. The fact is A7o could easily 3bet us but they should NEVER be calling a 4bet...so it didn't work out this time.

I think once we find our opponent betting into us after the flop checks that I am likely just calling the turn bet and folding A LOT to river bets as our villans really just do not have many bluff combos they would be taking this line with and even tho we flopped top pair, we can get away from the hand and still salvage a playable stack.

So my conclusion is that I actually LIKE this 4bet - we just can't go broke here when called because villans Ax range has us CRUSHED - we can flat the 3b in position and play post accordingly on some frequency and we can of course fold preflop to the 3bet and avoid this altogether. I think as your game develops and you start to play deeper into your thought process that you can call and play more 3b pots than ABC poker dictates. That's my advice