#2 Call or fold?

Jan 23 3 2

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First hand is a call just based on you have 4 BBs after posting. J10 is a decent hand that has connectivity and as long as you are not dominated or going against 1010+ you dont feel that bad getting it in.

Second hand I assume is a jam by the 66 villain. If so I would not call based on you are either crushed or are flipping almost always and by calling a jam you obviously have no fold equity. If the 66 villain only called pre (hard to tell what the pre action was) I would never just call with 10 BBs and 44. It would be a jam or fold spot.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if its near the bubble i would probably fold the 1st hand. otherwise i would probably call but its not an easy decision to make. 2nd hand fold because a small pair against 2 players will be dominated most of the time. however if 2 villains just limp you can also limp and hope to hit a set on the flop or shove all in and try to win the pot preflop. if any of these 2 players made a raise like 2.5 or 3 bb then folding is the right choice.

Last edited:
AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1sthand is a call BECAUSE
you are very shortstacked in a MTT
you have have 5bb you can make into a possible 12bb in this j10 vs Ax or worse flip
if you fold the bb then most likely you will fold the sb leaving you with 3.5 bb or less for the rest of the orbit to be dealt.

Then you are gonna flip your Ax vs villians j10 for a 7 bb pot
sure you'l have the edge but the size of the knife is important too
Sometimes its better to be lucky than good
but you cant get lucky by folding

2nd hand
easy fold small pocket pairs out of position
setmine and leave

E

Endwarfin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With all do respect - I appreciate the window decisions - In tournaments, we have been playing against opponents, over and over, over multiple hands.

Simply posting screenshots about a decision, without context, is not tournament hand analysis.

Maybe ask these questions to cash game players.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 is a preflop push-fold spot, and we just use software to get the answer for these simple situations. Because you are so short and already in the money, we can basically just calculate the NASH equilibrium in chip EV mode, which a lot of free software can do. ICMizer can also do it, and the answer is SB jamming 71% of hands and BB calling 75% of hands. So basically both players are supposed to get it in with anything but junk, and JTo is a solid call. If for some reason you think, he is not jamming as wide, as he is supposed to, you can tighten up a little bit but JTo will still be a call.

In hand 2 presumably you were facing a minraise or something along those lines, and someone had already called. I would certainly not call and try to setmine out of position with such a short stack. But jamming could be a reasonable option, if you think, the field caller will usually go away, because then there is a decent amount of dead money in the pot. Personally I probably just fold though, because I will rather find a spot, where I can open jam with fold equity.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
#1 easy call every time.
#2 easy fold every time.