$2.2 NLHE MTT: Is this mistake?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: I would just fold suited connectors UTG pre flop.

Hand 3: I dont like min raising on the flop there. If you want to raise, then raise 3x. Hand after that is just bad luck

Hand 4: obvious fold

Hand 5: I would jam pre flop with under 20 BBs as you can get called by worse. Min opening is not terrible just jamming is better. Bad luck you ran into one of the two hands you dont want to run into

Hand 6: I dont like defending this hand but it worked out. Dont like raising on the flop there since you are giving the villain a chance to fold. You are way ahead and know you are never folding so I would call and let the villain bluff and if they check turn then you can jam. All club draws are calling your raise so betting does not protect your hand and even if the club comes on the turn you are not folding anyway given your stack depth.

Hand 7: Bad luck

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 87s UTG
Just open fold and save your chips. As played fold to the 3-bet is fine. Dont rabbit hunt! The fact, you would have flopped a straight, does not matter even the slightest.

Hand 2
Identical to hand 1.

Hand 3 KQo MP
Preflop I would isolate the limper to around 4BB rather than invite a multiway pot. On the flop I would just call. You allowed 4 other people to see the flop for cheap, and the SPR is pretty deep, so if you play for all the chips now, you usually end up getting action mainly from better hands. After having raised the flop, you are however more or less committed to the pot. Betting the turn is standard, and when UTG lead for the rest of his chips on the river, you are usually beat, but you are also getting a great price, so I dont blame you for calling it off. The main point of the hand is, that you should never see the river like this, because you should have raised preflop.

Hand 4 94o BB
Not sure why you shared this? Very easy fold preflop, which you did.

Hand 5 AKo UTG+1
Standard open and standard call of his 13BB rejam. Just a bit unlucky to run into KK. Spots like these happen all the time in poker, and they are nothing to worry about. You will also have KK, when someone else have AK, and then they will be the ones getting it in bad. Or your AK will suck out on their KK.

Hand 6 T6o BB
This hand is so bad, that even against a min-raise I would not defend it. You got bailed out by flopping a straight however, and at this point you had a very easy check-jam, when he overbet the pot on the flop. He massively overplayed his AK, and you got max value. Nice hand.

Hand 7 AA MP
With just 7BB open jamming your entire range is totally standard. You got called by a hand, you had drawing almost dead preflop, but unfortunately the opponent got lucky and binked a massive suckout. Such is poker, next tournament please.

Summary
Based on these 6 hands you are playing to loose preflop opening to wide from EP and also defending your blinds to wide. You are also playing to passive preflop not isolating with KQ but just limping behind. These are typical beginner mistakes, and I suggest you to study some preflop charts and get your ranges at least somewhat closer to, what they suggest.

The second theme is, that you are very results oriented focusing on hands, where you had an easy preflop decision with a premium hand like AA or AK but ended up losing. Or where you made a correct fold with junk in a situation, where you would have smashed the flop. This is also a typical beginner mistake, and the advice is to simply stop caring about short term results, even though its human nature to do so. Focus instead on the process and your decision making, and then results will take care of themselfes in the long run.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 3 KQo MP
Preflop I would isolate the limper to around 4BB rather than invite a multiway pot. On the flop I would just call. You allowed 4 other people to see the flop for cheap, and the SPR is pretty deep, so if you play for all the chips now, you usually end up getting action mainly from better hands. After having raised the flop, you are however more or less committed to the pot. Betting the turn is standard, and when UTG lead for the rest of his chips on the river, you are usually beat, but you are also getting a great price, so I dont blame you for calling it off. The main point of the hand is, that you should never see the river like this, because you should have raised preflop.
As I understood playing $2.2 MTTs, suited KT and KJ as got villains not folded preflop, sometimes even vs shove, so isolate raiser by 3bet wouldn't have worked anyway and I would have seen the same thing on the river.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I understood playing $2.2 MTTs, suited KT and KJ as got villains not folded preflop, sometimes even vs shove, so isolate raiser by 3bet wouldn't have worked anyway and I would have seen the same thing on the river.

That is true, but this is again very results oriented thinking. In the long run the EV of isoraising KQo will be much higher than limping behind factoring in all the different outcomes, that might happen. This is something, winning poker players have collectively learned over decades playing billions of hands against limpers. Of course its up to you, if you want to learn from others or make your own experiences.

I post this hand not for value my play but another two players.

Ok that makes sense. Postflop is a little marginal from both A9o and 66 but still fine. Postflop is a massive overplay by both.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had some donks at your table. That guy kept calling in a 3 way pot with K 10 with the yolo mentality, then in the 4th hand he played it well by betting so big on the flop with pocket pair and 2 queens on the board and then the other guy shoves A 9, I mean my god what is that and of course he gets rewarded with a 9 on the turn. It's just awful

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You had some donks at your table. That guy kept calling in a 3 way pot with K 10 with the yolo mentality, then in the 4th hand he played it well by betting so big on the flop with pocket pair and 2 queens on the board and then the other guy shoves A 9, I mean my god what is that and of course he gets rewarded with a 9 on the turn. It's just awful
All low buy-in MTTs have donk players, smtimes win you, smtimes they get their gambling luck.