Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wsop Main Event hand, level 3 200/400 400BBA
9 handed

SB T50,000
Hero (BB) T53,000

Only note on SB is that he lost a number of chips calling a river over bet with A9 on a AT9xx board, losing to AT

Folds around to SB
SB raises for T1,000
Hero has :6d4: :6h4:

Hero: ??
A pair heads up is HUGE. I'd like to take this hand down now. SB can be opening very wide here and may fold a number of hands that have 2 overs.

Hero raises to T3,000
SB calls

Pot T6,400

Flop: :6s4: :10d4: :2s4:

SB checks
I have 2 options here, down bet to keep in hands that have overs or standard c-bet. I like keeping in overs but don't want FDs to have a good price to call 2 more streets.

Hero bets T3,500

SB raises to T10,000

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
SB is pretty tilty so I would call here to see if I can get at least another street of value betting. Reraising could lead to stacking off or he could just fold all of his bluffs. I think calling and seeing the turn would return the most value.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot to mention that there are additional spots inside the spoilers and I haven't posted the actual results.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call - no reason to 3b here. 66s play poorly post flop and we will be in some pretty ugly situations where we cbet, get called and don't improve on turn cards. Not to mention if we 3bet preflop, when villan calls this narrows their range to alot of overcards and generally better pairs - by condensing our villans range like this we could put ourselves in rough situations post flop. Annnnnd, if you think villan is tilty - when he 4bets, are you calling? Tilty villan or not you probably shouldn't be calling a 4bet with 66s.

Anyways, that all being said - Just call and play post flop accordingly. If you hit the flop, get max value - if the flop is good for your hand, protect it and try to get to showdown, if the flop is terrible - just fold and move on. Poker is full of tough decisions, don't overcomplicate a spot that doesn't need complicated. Easy game.

Edit:: had no idea you guys actually saw a flop - after 3betting preflop as mentioned before we've now condensed our villans continuing range - so when we get to this flop we are looking to get value from Tx, flush draws, gutter straight draws, two sticky overcards, and possible 77-99 pairs - i normally wouldn't bet larger than about 60% pot on this flop, but being as we are already playing a bloated pot and I want to keep my villan in the hand im not going to bet any larger than about 40% pot, even tho we are super deep here. Turn play strategy for me, I would double barrel flush completers betting small again, targeting one pair hands that may pickup a 4 card flush draw themselves - lukely checking any card that pairs the board to hopefully induce a river bet from my villan - any other cards that do roll off on the turn I'm betting pretty large - 2/3 pot or larger...if I think my villan is super sticky and won't fold a flush draw or top pair, then I may even overbet turn in order to try and get stacks in on rivers, or pull max value from one more street.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Calling and 3-betting both have merits, so its mostly a matter of stylistic preference. I guess, there is some argument for playing "small ball", since its the main event, you cant rebuy, and it only run once a year. But still 3-betting is certainly +EV blind on blind.

Flop
Great flop obviously and great action as well. There is a flushdraw on the board, so I would click it up to something like 22k and then jam the turn on any card, that does not bring in the flush. If he sticks it in on the flop, I am beating him into the pot. If he has top set or get there on a later street, better luck to us next year. By 3-betting pre we decided already to play a big pot, and when we nail our set, we need to be willing to go with it.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think preflop is not a great spot to 3bet. In general I would flat this hand basically always at this stack depth as 3betting it leads to awkward SPRs for this specific hand if they flat, and we hate folding out our equity if they jam.

As presented, these game dynamics also make it seem more likely we just get random turbo-jammed on a decent frequency here.

As played this is obviously a fantastic flop and I would for sure bet. BvB I expect him to have TONS of Tx and draws here. I think going a standard-ish 1/3 pot is great.

The issue with going the size that you did is that when he raises virtually any size, we just are kind of handcuffed to 3 bad options:

1. Making a massive jam that may kill our action unless we stone cooler him.

2. Raise small and be ridiculously face up to essentially never having bluffs as well as not even charging him that much to draw the times when he has draws.

3. Call and not charge him at all, but keep a wider range.

I think options 1 and 3 are probably best because of the state he's in right now gameflow wise. He may just sigh stick it in with all FDs if we jam. And if we just call he can barrel off or we just get it in on turn.

But I would definitely start with a smaller flop size. Mostly smaller.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think preflop is not a great spot to 3bet. In general I would flat this hand basically always at this stack depth as 3betting it leads to awkward SPRs for this specific hand if they flat, and we hate folding out our equity if they jam.

As presented, these game dynamics also make it seem more likely we just get random turbo-jammed on a decent frequency here.

As played this is obviously a fantastic flop and I would for sure bet. BvB I expect him to have TONS of Tx and draws here. I think going a standard-ish 1/3 pot is great.

The issue with going the size that you did is that when he raises virtually any size, we just are kind of handcuffed to 3 bad options:

1. Making a massive jam that may kill our action unless we stone cooler him.

2. Raise small and be ridiculously face up to essentially never having bluffs as well as not even charging him that much to draw the times when he has draws.

3. Call and not charge him at all, but keep a wider range.

I think options 1 and 3 are probably best because of the state he's in right now gameflow wise. He may just sigh stick it in with all FDs if we jam. And if we just call he can barrel off or we just get it in on turn.

But I would definitely start with a smaller flop size. Mostly smaller.

He said everything I was gonna say.

And BTW Matt Vaughan a CC member with over 7k in posts??
When did this happen? I've never seen a post from him ever before this one.
He must be posting in the bad beat thread and Rigged mega thread a lot!! :D:D;)

Matt I sent you an actual - on paper in the mailbox letter when I was first starting to play poker, several years ago and you never replied :confused: Waddup?

BTW - how did the hand turn out?

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He said everything I was gonna say.

And BTW Matt Vaughan a CC member with over 7k in posts??
When did this happen? I've never seen a post from him ever before this one.
He must be posting in the bad beat thread and Rigged mega thread a lot!! :D:D;)

Matt I sent you an actual - on paper in the mailbox letter when I was first starting to play poker, several years ago and you never replied :confused: Waddup?

BTW - how did the hand turn out?

LOL I've been a CC member since 2008ish. Most of my posts came between 2012 and 2015. But I'm back as a CardsChat Ambassador!

And if you really sent me a letter to my PO box I for sure got it and most likely thanked you on a mail time back in the day. :D

L

lanelosee100

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i love to go all in against draws with a set. id put pressure on over pairs and flush draws. go all in over the top

WSOP