$1 NLHE: Early stage, loose villain, push right move?

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1 NL HE: Early stage, loose villain, push right move?

OK, results can be highlighted. This is still at the beginning of a MTT, about 100 PPL.
Maybe 13th hand. Villain has seen about half the flops so far. Ive played 2 flops so far, and took both w/o showdown.
I think I would have played this this way no matter what or when against 1 villain, but just wondering....

PKR No-Limit Hold'em, $60.00 BB (9 handed) - PKR Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($1)
SB ($2)
Hero (BB) ($2)
UTG ($2)
UTG+1 ($1)
MP1 ($1)
MP2 ($5)
MP3 ($2)
CO ($1)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A
club.gif
, A
diamond.gif

7 folds, SB bets $240 (All-In), Hero raises to $780 (All-In), SB raises to $2610 (All-In), Hero???

calls $2260 (All-In) Flop: ($4520) 7
club.gif
, 4
spade.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(2 players, 6 all-in) Turn: ($4520) K
diamond.gif
(2 players, 6 all-in) River: ($4520) 10
diamond.gif
(2 players, 6 all-in) Total pot: $4520 Results below: SB had K
spade.gif
, K
heart.gif
(full house, Kings over tens). Hero had A
club.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(two pair, Aces and tens). Outcome: SB won $4520

Last edited by a moderator:
jernest

jernest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you did fine. - AA will lose sometimes - and did this time and so did SB. Better to bust out of an MTT with a quality hand early than to bust out on the bubble later with trash.
The fact you lost does not mean you made the wrong move.
Do not question if getting your chips in the middle with AA is good or bad; HU with AA.... it is great. and statistically speaking you will be a happy camper a vast majority of the time. On the bubble with multiple people in the pot you could "consider" folding, but here you gotta get those chips in the middle and double up or bust out.
A King came on the turn and you lost to another quality hand...smile its poker

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
again hard to tell with your HH but if you got the money in with AA preflop then you did a good job...

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
again hard to tell with your HH but if you got the money in with AA preflop then you did a good job...

yep, me AA her KK, all in then K on flop............GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey fd, I edited the hh here and in another thread - I have to do this w hands I post as well, not sure if there's an easier way or not, but I just put in carriage returns (hit enter) to space things out to make it easier to read...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep, me AA her KK, all in then K on flop............GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

you did your job then. getting it in as a massive favourite... even if we switched hands id say well played. you dont really want to fold AA or KK preflop in MTT.. probably ever.. it can be correct to fold them in Double or nothings.. but thats abotu it..