$1.50 NLHE MTT: $1.50 NLHE MTT: Final table 3 left 500 GTD, 105 up top, Blind on Blind action

TinkCzru

TinkCzru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.50 NLHE MTT: $1.50 NLHE MTT: Final table 3 left 500 GTD, 105 up top, Blind on Blind action

Now I know that there's an old adage that says: "Never go broke in a limped pot"... Onward

Context: We're down to the final three at the final table. I just doubled up off of the villain who was the chip leader. And now we're neck and neck essentially but I have a slight chip lead and went from 3rd to 1st.

BTN: 14.45 BB
SB: 20.38 BB
Hero (BB): 20.92 BB

3 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.89 BB) Hero has A 7

fold, SB calls 0.5 BB, Hero checks

Flop: (2.39 BB, 2 players) J A 3
SB checks, Hero bets 1.5 BB, SB raises to 5 BB, Hero calls 3.5 BB

Turn: (12.4 BB, 2 players) 2
SB bets 14.25 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 14.25 BB

River: (40.89 BB, 2 players) Q

SB shows A 3

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now I know that there's an old adage that says: "Never go broke in a limped pot"... Onward

Context: We're down to the final three at the final table. I just doubled up off of the villain who was the chip leader. And now we're neck and neck essentially but I have a slight chip lead and went from 3rd to 1st.

BTN: 14.45 BB
SB: 20.38 BB
Hero (BB): 20.92 BB

3 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.89 BB) Hero has A 7

fold, SB calls 0.5 BB, Hero checks

Flop: (2.39 BB, 2 players) J A 3
SB checks, Hero bets 1.5 BB, SB raises to 5 BB, Hero calls 3.5 BB

Turn: (12.4 BB, 2 players) 2
SB bets 14.25 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 14.25 BB

River: (40.89 BB, 2 players) Q

SB shows A 3

Thank you for posting.

Our choices preflop are raise and shove. Always!!!!! If we have a weak Axoff in BB we never ever never check back. That hand loses sooo much of its value as a limp.
Folds are fine in this spot when we raise or shove

As played we have to be aware that the SB is limping AK-A3- sometimes JJ- this is not an ez call off hand on turn. Especially after we call the flop XR as we do limp A6-2s. so we can have an Ax hand and the V still wants to stack off after limping

Hope this helps
:):)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imo you should raise pre flop but I would not advocate jamming based on we are effectively 20 BBs deep and there is someone smaller than us. I think I would raise a "normal" 2.5BBs here and go from there.

As played, the flop is a bet as I dont want two hearts to just go along for free but it is a spot where even if I am called I am already thinking that there is potential trouble since villain can be wide as can be here. I would say betting smaller on the flop is better like 1.25 BBs instead of 1.5 BBs which yes is only a quarter BB but a quarter BB when the deepest stack is 20 is still important. When we get raised Im hating this because depending on how good villain is (they got to the final 3 so the escalator should be going to at least near the top) because they can bluff and put so much pressure on us since there is a shorter stack. I think my plan would be to call this and see what happens turn and kind of let villain tell me what they have on the turn. They dont want to go broke either here with the shorter stack so my guess would be if you face a bet on the turn you can pitch your hand and move on.

On the turn as played I think its a fold and if we got bluffed we got bluffed which is possible but with the shorter stack still out there I think it is less likely anyway. Small note too that while fairly improbable 54 is a hand villain could have easily limped pre and then bluff on a board like this since if they are going to bluff you would think they would want some equity (at least a backdoor or a gutty). I think Im cursing up a storm at this point in the hand but I know I would fold here right or wrong.

TinkCzru

TinkCzru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo you should raise pre flop but I would not advocate jamming based on we are effectively 20 BBs deep and there is someone smaller than us. I think I would raise a "normal" 2.5BBs here and go from there.

As played, the flop is a bet as I dont want two hearts to just go along for free but it is a spot where even if I am called I am already thinking that there is potential trouble since villain can be wide as can be here. I would say betting smaller on the flop is better like 1.25 BBs instead of 1.5 BBs which yes is only a quarter BB but a quarter BB when the deepest stack is 20 is still important. When we get raised Im hating this because depending on how good villain is (they got to the final 3 so the escalator should be going to at least near the top) because they can bluff and put so much pressure on us since there is a shorter stack. I think my plan would be to call this and see what happens turn and kind of let villain tell me what they have on the turn. They dont want to go broke either here with the shorter stack so my guess would be if you face a bet on the turn you can pitch your hand and move on.

On the turn as played I think its a fold and if we got bluffed we got bluffed which is possible but with the shorter stack still out there I think it is less likely anyway. Small note too that while fairly improbable 54 is a hand villain could have easily limped pre and then bluff on a board like this since if they are going to bluff you would think they would want some equity (at least a backdoor or a gutty). I think Im cursing up a storm at this point in the hand but I know I would fold here right or wrong.

I don’t know if you got the action wrong, but I did the check raise on the flop. I was BB