Will the packers create a dynasty?

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They have all the pieces they need on offense and defense and they have a good young coach.Having said that in the NFL there is a reason you don't win 2 in a row and i am wondering if rodgers and the pack has what it take to become the new version of what new england and steelers were?

Last edited:
PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think they need to establish a running game before they can get a dynasty started

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think dynasties are just impossible in this era of football ... especially since it looks more and more likely that there won't even be a season next season, which is just the dumbest thing I've ever seen in sports business.

Are the pieces there for the Packers to make another run in the next 3 seasons? Absolutely. But remember there are other great teams out there.

JasonD1014

JasonD1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think dynasties are just impossible in this era of football ... especially since it looks more and more likely that there won't even be a season next season, which is just the dumbest thing I've ever seen in sports business.

Are the pieces there for the Packers to make another run in the next 3 seasons? Absolutely. But remember there are other great teams out there.

I disagree, I think a dynasty is definitely possible. If the Steelers would have won this year it would have been their third Superbowl in 6 years, I would call that a dynasty. And the Patriots pretty much owned the beginning of the last decade, that was certainly a dynasty. As far as the CBA problem and not having a season next year, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business, they will get this worked out and we will have a season next year. I don't think the Packers will be a dynasty team though, they will be a very good team and a playoff team for years to come, I just don't see them owning the NFC, there are too many other good teams.

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doubt it. The NFC seems to have a new team in the super bowl every year.

N

NFLD_REBEL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be a long time before the Packers win another SuperBowl.

JasonD1014

JasonD1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doubt it. The NFC seems to have a new team in the super bowl every year.

Yeah it's been a different 10 different NFC teams in the Superbowl in the last 10 seasons.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What constitutes a dynasty? 3 titles in 10 years? I can definitely see the Pack doing that.

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the Packers have a decent shot at being a dynasty team. They have a very young team. Aaron Rodgers is an exceptional QB clearly capable of leading the Pack to a couple more Superbowl wins. They have great receivers. Their defense is awesome. They won this year despite having lost many of their key players to injuries. Their running game will improve for sure next year. In any event, they get back Ryan Grant from being injured in their very first game. Starks and Kuhn will make bigger contributions next year. They biggest issue with the Packer's success is that Rodgers appears to have a problem with concussions. :proud: ;)

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Valid points on why the cards are stacked against them but unlike every other team in the league the only thing that slowed the cheeseheads was injury.I mean there were no glaring holes on the offensive or defensive side of the ball.I don't think they will win 2 in a row but 3 out of the next 6 years to me is reasonable if you look at the talent

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they seriously would do so much better with a better running game

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's an easy one. Not going to happen! Remember how they got into the playoffs? It's very difficult to get that HOT at the end of the season; and hoping they get HOT 3-5 times in the next 7 years or so.... not easy!!

They are a great team and have a bright future but not that bright (another ring, yes, why not? but 3? No!! Remember how good the Saints looked last year, they went to Seatle and Puff!!!

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing I have not seen mentioned here is that the Pack won this year with no real running back, their tight end injured( who is also arguably their best receiver), and no real marquee receiver. Now if they get these guys back healthy and even better add a big name to catch the ball for Rodgers, it could be a dynasty. Of course this wil all hinge on a strike/lockout which is a bad bad idea for both sides.

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a word......no!!!

+ 9999999999999999999999

F*ck the Packers.

p.s. I was unbelievably overjoyed to see Brett Favre's career end when Shawn Wooten, The Bears Rookie DE body slammed him into the frozen turf of Gopher Stadium. What a fitting end to his career. It's payback for that big Packer goon who body slammed Jim McMahon in 1987 and essentially ruined his career.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
+ 9999999999999999999999

F*ck the Packers.

p.s. I was unbelievably overjoyed to see Brett Favre's career end when Shawn Wooten, The Bears Rookie DE body slammed him into the frozen turf of Gopher Stadium. What a fitting end to his career. It's payback for that big Packer goon who body slammed Jim McMahon in 1987 and essentially ruined his career.

Pretty sure Jim McMahon was responsible for everything related to his career.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree patti but that young rookie is looking good.They also get key people back next year like fin

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Packers are going to be ridic if they ever stay healthy.

Not just Finley, ryan grant, and tons of other players returning from injury. Their offense can be even more explosive than Warner's Rams with Faulk.

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the nfl a dynasty is almost impossible to put toghther but the packers do have key components in place that will allow them to contend for years to come. defense wins championships and they have dom campers at the helm which will keep them in the title hunt in the upcoming decade

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know about a dynasty but I think they will have chance to repeat if there quarterback stay healthy. Aaron Rodges has got a good football head on his shoulders.