Who's a golfer?

Oskool

Oskool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So spring is officially here and I have the itch something serious. I've played two rounds this year so far. Both were rough as I hadn't swung a club in a long time. I'm so ready for the rain to go away so I can get out on the course.

What about everyone else, how many other golfer do we have? Do we have any sticks that post here? Any scratch golfers?

I live in the pacific NW, golf probably 30 times a year (9 or 18, it just depends). Probably about a 18 handicap, terrible putter.

I love playing so much, still waiting for my first hole in one.

V

vetteman4040

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 2 sometimes 3 times a week. My handicap really doesn't reflect that though because I am a 10 handicap. I live in Florida so I play all year round. It's got to be tough for you guys that live in snow country to put your clubs down for a few months and then try to play when the snow melts. I play twice a week in a league and sometimes I go out and play the third round with whoever I can hook up with. Most of the time it's someone from up north that hasn't played golf in a couple of months and they keep telling me that they play better than this. LOL

R

RossMk2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive just started playing again since playing as a junior (10 years without swinging a club) looking forward to actually playing on summer 'golfing' ground. I've played a lot of winter golf just trying to improve my game as my handicap sits at 23, and i know i can be a lot better! I dont struggle to hit the ball, just control where its going!

A

aaron_jd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love golf, but I haven't played in a long time due to my hectic schedule. I'm one of those people who drives it all over the map but loves to hit creative shots to at least salvage a bogey.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm a golf nut. Since we have very short golf seasons here I'm on the course at least 6 times a week. 9 holes/day on weekdays and 18-27/day on the weekends. I'm a 12 handicap, and looking to get lower this year (I've gone from the base 30 to a 12 in 5 seasons).

I love to golf! In the summer, if I'm not working, I'm golfing. Hell, I even brought my wife and I's clubs to the Chevy dealership this weekend to make sure both bags fit in the trunk of the Camaro before I bought it. (2SS/RS if anyone's interested). That's how much I care :D

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How did it take you so long to go from 30 to 12? You must be fairly old right?

Currently working off of a 9, hope to be a 4 by the end of the year

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not old, only 27. The reason it took so long is because for a few years up until recently I just goofed off and got drunk on the course, never really taking the game seriously. Midway through the season before last I started getting serious about my game and started dropping strokes. Then there's the fact that the golf season here is from May till Sept. It's hell on one's game to have to put away the clubs for so long, takes a while to get back into the groove.

I should be a solid 9 by the end of this season.

manu994

manu994

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play occassionaly but never considered to ever get in a tournie, altough im not bad I prefer to play it to relax, and sometimes I go to the driving just to hit it as strong as I can to get rid off my daily pressures :)
btw I am 18

N

ndirish620

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a gambler golfer...
some advice in improving your game, gamble a dollar on every hole. It makes for more competitive action and will improve your game 10 fold

Oskool

Oskool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to see some fellow golfers this year.

I am looking on breaking 80 this year as my goal. I have played 9 even par, +1, etc. but haven't been able to put it all together for a whole 18.

Golf season here isn't even close here. It hasn't even hit 60 degrees here yet and rainy as hell. I need about 5 sunny days in a row to dry out the courses.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I golf in the 70's....gets any hotter than that i stay home.

P

ping_driver_05

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played maybe 20times I sure do enjoy that you can bring a cooler along :D

manu994

manu994

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a gambler golfer...
some advice in improving your game, gamble a dollar on every hole. It makes for more competitive action and will improve your game 10 fold

Ive gambled a couple times too, small amounts of money per hole... I would totally reccomend it to improve your game, because you take each hole seriously

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I replaced my golf addiction with poker. Golf took up more time and cost too much money. Ironically, my wife is happy since I'm home more often,

That said, nothing like playing a nice course and hitting it well.

soccerrunner8098

soccerrunner8098

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live on a golf course when I'm not at school during the year. So during the summer when I'm not working I play at least 18 a day. I got the chance to play already this year, but it was still pretty cold (as I live in Illinois). It got to be nice for a couple days and played pretty well. Last summer was my best so far. I'm down to a 6 handicap and playing great so I'm happy.

A

aaron_jd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once shot 78, but it was really a sick run of 18 holes (to me at least) where I did just about everything right. Otherwise, I'm really shooting in the 90s.

Oskool

Oskool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got out last friday, there was sun and I had a little time so went and played a local executive course. I actually swung the club well, putting not so much as the greens were water logged and you'd have to hit it about 5 times harder than usual. I just picked up once on the green as putting like that is going to do nothing but make me worse.

Come on sunshine!'

I don't know about everyone else, but I am ready to watch the Masters this weekend. Masters Sunday is one of the best days of the year imo.