What would you do?

manu994

manu994

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you were the referee of this match, would you validate this goal made with the hands by Diego Maradona? I would because of its beauty... Its simply an amzaing goal, and considering the other goal he made in the same match... I would totally give it as valid... however I am Argentinean, I would like the opinion from people of all over the world.

What would you guys do?

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beauty? The guy cheated - it was handball and should have been disallowed pure and simple. How can that be beautiful???

Now the other goal was superb - one of the best I've ever seen.

manu994

manu994

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy had the right moves to do pretty much everything, and here he proved it by scoring with his hand, which altough he knew it was penalised, he decided to take the chanse of getting an expulsion and made this goal... thats my opinion. and yeah the other goal was just unbelievable, best one ive seen.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So because he was a great player does that mean the rules don't apply to him?? Sorry but would you have been saying it was beautiful and ok if it had been another great player scoring against argentina? Hmm - don't think you would somehow.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cant follow this logic. Hes a good player so a foul by him should be allowed cause he did it so "beautifully"?

Now lets say I beat AAAKK with a royal flush, and later it is found out that I bribed the dealer to stack the deck. My royal should still be allowed cause it is such a beautiful hand, and I played it so beautifully?

Refs make bad calls all the time, so thats the game, but if a ref saw a hand in play, its - a foul, a penalty, a red card - oh yea, its the rules...................

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unsportsmanlike conduct = yellow card and clearly no goal.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting to see the English and the Germans on the same side in a football debate :)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting to see the English and the Germans on the same side in a football debate :)

Its even stranger than it appears.............

I am actually an American..........;)

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well we are an eclectic mix aren't we? :)

manu994

manu994

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its ok, I am not trying to convince anyone here, im just telling how I feel about this goal.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No doubt :). But would you feel the same way if it had happened against Argentina?

J

Jepulator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can't see the hand contact! lol

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Unsportsmanlike conduct = yellow card and clearly no goal.
this ^^

Surely Maradona had many other awesome goals in his career that he didnt touch the ball with his hands that a fan could claim to be amazing?